Acceptable offer on the broken Uberkab?

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Maddnotez

Re: Acceptable offer on the broken Uberkab?

Post by Maddnotez »

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Basically means I paid $500 for this and I got some tips on a very easy and cheap fix.

I will also try to still file FedEx claim as they screwed me out of $1,500 a couple of years back on a denied claim. Not expecting that to work but worth a shot.

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Yup, I see no issues. Buy some wood glue and some clamps and glue that bitch back together. Take pics of the damage, file a claim with FedEx through their website and see what happens. 50% seems great considering the inside of the cab looks fine.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

greatmutah wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 3:41 pm That looks clean internally. Bracing seems to have held up and kept things inside intact. I’d take the $500, keep it and look at getting repaired. It’s possible it may just be more external. The speaker baffle looks great too, at least from the back.
The front baffle looks fine too. I pushed on it front and back, grabbed and pulled and wiggled every joint/piece of wood that I could and everything seems solid.

The brace SLIGHTLY has a little wiggle room and moved but it is not much

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

So not bad then. And you’ve got a fix lined up for it? Awesome. Tite-bond wood glue is great btw.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Don't fix it until you file the FedEx claim. Also, Sweetwater may have to file since they were the shipper but either way definitely explore this route. They're the ones that damaged it.
Ukraine? Mykraine

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

greatmutah wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:12 pm So not bad then. And you’ve got a fix lined up for it? Awesome. Tite-bond wood glue is great btw.
Well yeah, someone showed me the clamps to use and they're cheap. Was going to get some loctite or maybe that tite bond.

There were a couple of other ideas posted as well to fix. I posted it in rig talk as well asking how to fix and got some good info.

JSutter

Post by JSutter »

The insides look good. I think you lucked out with only cosmetic damage. Happy new discounted cab day!

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Thanks bros. Just waiting for final confirmation but I'll accept their offer. Sounded great and seems like an easy fix. :rawk:

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Also, keep in mind they may be able to make the 50% offer based on them filing a claim with FedEx.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

ninjaraf wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 4:34 pm Also, keep in mind they may be able to make the 50% offer based on them filing a claim with FedEx.
Very good point
Ukraine? Mykraine