Acceptable offer on the broken Uberkab?

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Maddnotez

Acceptable offer on the broken Uberkab?

Post by Maddnotez »

Beaten this one to death I suppose BUT FedEx never showed up like they were supposed to for pickup to return the cab and im starting to get annoyed. Stayed home all day waiting.

So I called SW back, this time talked to my sales dude. Told him last guy offered me 10% and was laughable. To my surprise he said no way let me see what I can do, I told him I love the cab, sounds great. BUT I haven't opened it up, assuming there is zero damage on the inside that I can even see I'm thinking like 60% off the price to keep it.

I'm curious what you guys think? What would you accept to keep the busted cab?

Is it even worth 50%? Possibly there could be damage I can't even see if I were to open it up? It was definitely dropped very hard for this to happen but a deal is a deal.

Since this whole this has been delayed now theyre out of stock on a new Uberkab but the wait shouldn't be too long I guess.

Maddnotez

Re: Acceptable offer on the broken Uberkab?

Post by Maddnotez »

PS I'm expecting them to say 35% lowest. First guy said 10%, second guy said 25%. My reply was there's no way, I'm thinking 50 or 60%.

He said let me see what I can do and call you back

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

If the cab sounds good, at least the speakers are probably OK. I know you mentioned some stuff about the baffle being potentially damaged. I would say just take the back off and take a look. Take some pictures. Get more evidence and a better idea of if there is more damage that you can't readily see. Just more fuel to argue your case. If there's no additional damage, then I guess you have to decide what discount would be acceptable to you. We're all different in what we're willing and not willing to deal with. Is it something you don't plan on selling? If so, then maybe a smaller discount might be worth it, assuming all you have to do is glue and clamp it back together. But I don't know if any of us can answer what YOU would be comfortable with. You will 100% need to disclose it for resale, and that will hit the value pretty hard. No clue how hard, but that should be a factor in your decision, too, since we all know most gear doesn't stick around forever around these parts haha.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

ninjaraf wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:35 pm If the cab sounds good, at least the speakers are probably OK. I know you mentioned some stuff about the baffle being potentially damaged. I would say just take the back off and take a look. Take some pictures. Get more evidence and a better idea of if there is more damage that you can't readily see. Just more fuel to argue your case. If there's no additional damage, then I guess you have to decide what discount would be acceptable to you. We're all different in what we're willing and not willing to deal with. Is it something you don't plan on selling? If so, then maybe a smaller discount might be worth it, assuming all you have to do is glue and clamp it back together. But I don't know if any of us can answer what YOU would be comfortable with. You will 100% need to disclose it for resale, and that will hit the value pretty hard. No clue how hard, but that should be a factor in your decision, too, since we all know most gear doesn't stick around forever around these parts haha.
Fo sho.

Would never not disclose something like that. Shit I disclose things the previous seller didn't when I buy and sell something used.

But there's no way I would ever ship a 4x12 so this thing would be here for the long haul probably.

Either way yeah, it's a tough choice. I'm thinking 50% assuming there's no inside damage

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Yeah, it for sure is a tough decision. That damage looked rough. Personally, I would not deal with it at all, and it would sit in the box on my fucking porch until FedEx picked it up. No longer my problem. Sucks they're out of stock now, though.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Are you not able to file a claim with FedEx?
Ukraine? Mykraine

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:43 pm Are you not able to file a claim with FedEx?
Yeah, this is a good point. I just assumed this was already looked into? But yeah, file with FedEx. Chances are they will pay you the full amount based on the damage, and you might be able to keep the cab. They damaged a guitar I bought like 8-ish years ago and ended up paying me the full amount for the guitar, and the place I bought it from decided it wasn't worth the hassle to get it back, so I was able to keep it. Repaired it as best I could and gave it to a buddy as a gift.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

ninjaraf wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:47 pm
Vladimir Putin wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:43 pm Are you not able to file a claim with FedEx?
Yeah, this is a good point. I just assumed this was already looked into? But yeah, file with FedEx. Chances are they will pay you the full amount based on the damage, and you might be able to keep the cab. They damaged a guitar I bought like 8-ish years ago and ended up paying me the full amount for the guitar, and the place I bought it from decided it wasn't worth the hassle to get it back, so I was able to keep it. Repaired it as best I could and gave it to a buddy as a gift.
So sweetwater now says 50% off and I may keep it now. The inside looks perfectly fine but im not sure. Zero experience building cabs. How would I file a claim now with fedex? I absolutely would, and he'll if that actually happened and I kept the cab at 50%, I would get paid $500 to keep this

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

$500 off? Keep it.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

That looks clean internally. Bracing seems to have held up and kept things inside intact. I’d take the $500, keep it and look at getting repaired. It’s possible it may just be more external. The speaker baffle looks great too, at least from the back.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.