I tried DuckDuckGo and I like it!!!

Talk about subjects not related to music or gear. Please keep discussions civil and follow the GGF rules of conduct at all times. Political and religious topics are not allowed.
I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

I tried DuckDuckGo and I like it!!!

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

For the past year or so, Google search results started producing more and more adverts without any of the needed info (that I was searching for).
Google now sucks soft boiled eggs so, after seeing adverts for DuckDuckGo.com on television, I decided to give it a go... and I like it!!!

DDG search results have ZERO advertisements (for now) and produce exactly the info that I want.
So far, I dig it!!!

Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: I tried DuckDuckGo and I like it!!!

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yeah It's all I use these days. Great browser. Better search results too.

linthat22

Post by linthat22 »

I've been getting mixed results from DDG. I've been playing with Yandex, Searx, and the Brave search engine. It's weird, because you get some results for what you're looking for which reminds me of the old Internet days.

Has anyone else noticed that bing, yahoo, and Google are almost the same with the amount of stupid ads and reddit posts they provide as results?

Steinmetzify

Post by Steinmetzify »

My man Ajax; I just realized you still have that quote from Walt in your sig. made me REALLY happy to see it as it reminds me totally of how he was.

Thanks brother.
Caparison, ESP, Short
Diezel, Orange, Mesa Boogie

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

linthat22 wrote: Sun Feb 04, 2024 12:19 pm I've been getting mixed results from DDG. I've been playing with Yandex, Searx, and the Brave search engine. It's weird, because you get some results for what you're looking for which reminds me of the old Internet days.

Has anyone else noticed that bing, yahoo, and Google are almost the same with the amount of stupid ads and reddit posts they provide as results?
Fuck! After using DuckDuckGo for a few weeks, even they have a ton of adverts in their search results.
Ahh, the old internet days... lost and gone for ever! Sad... bigly sad.
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Steinmetzify wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:30 am My man Ajax; I just realized you still have that quote from Walt in your sig. made me REALLY happy to see it as it reminds me totally of how he was.

Thanks brother.
Yeah man! I'm glad Billy posted a link to the old website and I was able to retrieve Walt' quote. Fuckin Walt... what a good guy.