Two Notes Genome

Discussions about the latest digital rigs: Modeling, IRs, DAWs, Plug-ins... even Synths and E-Drums! If has 100110111, it belongs here!
Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Two Notes Genome

Post by Guitarbilly »

This is pretty cool. I think that for studio modeling, it makes a lot of sense to do everything in the box.

macaronisalad

Re: Two Notes Genome

Post by macaronisalad »

That video caught my eye yesterday. It seems like it could be a really cool thing for screwing around at home.
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

Chris Z

Post by Chris Z »

I've been on the beta team for about a year. Its really cool how TwoNotes listens to everyones opinions and requests. They sent me a free updated copy yesterday, I'm going to have fun with all the new features they've finally implemented.

BTW get yourself the Friedman or Pete Thorn IR pack. Well worth it.

trey85stang2

Post by trey85stang2 »

Been messing with this all morning, they sent me a license for it. Very good tones, only thing its missing is a noise gate, how did they miss that?

Marc G

Post by Marc G »

i got my copy this morning, will mess with it this afternoon... pretty cool of them to give it to Two Notes users for free
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote:

JasonP

Post by JasonP »

Downloaded it yesterday. Have yet to check it out.

DFGrueban

Post by DFGrueban »

trey85stang2 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 3:52 pm Been messing with this all morning, they sent me a license for it. Very good tones, only thing its missing is a noise gate, how did they miss that?
Looks like they have a gate button next to the tuner.

Is this line the helix but free or more like the Kemper stuff?

trey85stang2

Post by trey85stang2 »

Ahh yeah its there right next to the tuner.

I dont understand your question but it looks like if you already had two notes cabs (or hardware) they gave the license away. Otherwsie if you didnt have any you have to buy it for $80.

With the nam plugins it looks like its more like kemper but Im not sure you can profile from the software, but... it also looks like it has another format of amps that might be two notes specific. so maybe its like helix and kemper? I m not sure if that answers what you are asking though.

DFGrueban

Post by DFGrueban »

Yes it does. Seems a bit into the quad cortex realm.

Sounds good but no idea on the feel.

Marc G

Post by Marc G »

so I just fired up Genome for the first time, off the bat the Fender Combo preset sounds pretty damn legit.... I loaded in the Albion amp sim that's their Marshall model and the Pete Thorne Greenback 4x12 and got some pretty decent tones with minimal messing around.... the one thing I've noticed is the reverb is aggressive, unless you want a washy reverb tone, you need to dial the mix back quite a lot...

I need to mess with it a little more but so far I'm impressed
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote: