PRS bros, did you see the latest S2 updates?

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Beef

PRS bros, did you see the latest S2 updates?

Post by Beef »

Looks like they’re putting US pickups and electronics in the S2’s now. I love the original D-style or whatever they called it, neck pickup but I kinda want to try a new Vela to see what it’s like with the Narrowfield.
Wu-Tang is for the children.

greatmutah

Re: PRS bros, did you see the latest S2 updates?

Post by greatmutah »

Wonder if the USA made DS-01 will be more on par with the Core Starla pickups? I do agree about the Vela also but I wouldn’t knock an older one either.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Yeah great move imo

I look forward to getting a used 24-08 or thinline McCarty once they start appearing :lol:

I’m intrigued by the new vela configuration too
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Beef

Post by Beef »

greatmutah wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 10:46 pm Wonder if the USA made DS-01 will be more on par with the Core Starla pickups? I do agree about the Vela also but I wouldn’t knock an older one either.
:lol: I wouldn’t knock the older Velas either I have 2 and they’re the guitars I play the most. I sincerely believe they’re amazing guitars and anyone could be happy playing one. I’m just trying to decide if I need another one now that they have a new configuration.
Wu-Tang is for the children.

sahlomonic

Post by sahlomonic »

I saw this last night. This makes me really happy. S2 is a great line EXCEPT everything they are now changing for this year. SE pickups/electronics on an SE is fine, but SE pickups/electronics on an S2 just neuters it.

I had one of the last S2 Singlecuts they made when they switched to all McCarty. Great playing guitar, but not great sounding until I put new guts in it. Sadly traded it for a Kemper last year but I would have no issue buying another one, especially a newer McCarty singlecut.

ElDirtySanchez

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

I wouldn’t mind getting an S2 , I’d have to try the S2 with US pickups first though. I’ve got 3 core and I wasn’t really wowed with the pickups that were in those but I’ve always heard good things about their 85/15 pickups.
Although for the prices of the new S2’s I’d probably rather just get a good deal on a used older S2 and change out the pickups if I don’t care for those.
Formerly Rock Flag and Eagle