Double Neck Guitar

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
jamminjohn

Double Neck Guitar

Post by jamminjohn »

Do you have one?

Have you had one?

Do you want one? ( if only for the novelty of playing out a song or two at a show)

I saw some on amazon for $400ish.

I want one, I think.

Discuss :hmm:

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Re: Double Neck Guitar

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

I always wanted to start a band with two guys playing double neck guitar/basses.
One could pay guitar while the other played bass... they could both play bass at the same time... and they could both play guitar at the same time.. It could be really cool.
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

trey85stang2

Post by trey85stang2 »

I was super close to buying a double neck ovation at the local guitar center. The only the that stopped me was it was extremely neck heavy.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

A $400 guitar off Amazon sounds awful. Would not advise.
Ukraine? Mykraine

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:58 pm A $400 guitar off Amazon sounds awful. Would not advise.
I tend to agree with this. Although that are definitely exceptions. These days, cheap guitars can be really good.

But something as complex as a double neck, I'd probably look for something of higher quality. With doublenecks, the center balance is critical or the guitar feels really awkward. Also tuning stability can be an issue.
A friend of mine had an OLP Axis double neck (EBMM original import brand) and that guitar was nearly unplayable.

On the original question, I've never owned one but I've played the Gibson double neck SG and it's a great guitar. The 12 string through a loud Marshall is something that needs to be heard to be believed, it's a huge wall of sound.

ElDirtySanchez

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

When I was a teenager, I had always wanted one. The music store I took lessons from always had an epiphone one
Formerly Rock Flag and Eagle

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Double neck guitars give me the ick

$400 amazon double neck guitar sounds like quadruple ick :lol:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

bleedingwhiskey

Post by bleedingwhiskey »

I've always kind of lusted after a double neck SG in white like Don Felder's (The Eagles). If I could afford it, I would probably have one :lol:

I've always loved Mike McCready's use of a 12-string electric in Mad Season...

Bif Difnifler

Post by Bif Difnifler »

I have 2 double necks, I love them but they are 15+ pounds each. Epiphone 1275 double SG and a BC Rich Bich.
All the same gear as Guitarmageddon uses ;)