Butchered USA Parker

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
lol

Butchered USA Parker

Post by lol »

I got this guitar a a while back and didn't realize what nonsense was done to it. First the piezo/magnetic pickup blend doesn't even work. Fine, probably an easy fix. But then I realized these guitars do not come in an HSH configuration. They are usually HH or HSS. I have no idea if it was routed for a neck HB or not, but I will have my tech go over it. And I have no idea what the humbuckers are. The single coil is a dimarzio. Also pickguard is a little fucked up with these random holes in it, and the extra holes where the neck HB is.

I don't know why maybe i shouldnt be miffed but i am! :mad:

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Butchered USA Parker

Post by Guitarbilly »

The holes by the bridge pickup were probably for a Roland GK pickup. The holes by the neck pickup is where the original single coil was mounted.

It's an easy fix, get a new pickguard here:

https://www.pickguardplanet.com/pickgua ... r-guitars/

And get a neck single coil pickup.

The piezo system is more worrying, since it could be complicated to repair depending on what the issue is. These guitars are cool though, and definitely worth restoring. :)

primeholy

Post by primeholy »

I used to have a strap just like that. I think I let it go with a guitar I sold. Ima have to get another
fuck

primeholy

Post by primeholy »

I just looked online and Perris is just over 10 bucks while levy’s is 30. Is levy’s that much better?
fuck

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

primeholy wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:47 pm I just looked online and Perris is just over 10 bucks while levy’s is 30. Is levy’s that much better?
Nah, it's just brand name. Just like a Gucci shirt is not better than any other shirt. Perris is fine.

lol

Post by lol »

Guitarbilly wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:39 am The holes by the bridge pickup were probably for a Roland GK pickup. The holes by the neck pickup is where the original single coil was mounted.

The piezo system is more worrying, since it could be complicated to repair depending on what the issue is. These guitars are cool though, and definitely worth restoring. :)
Thanks Billy! Yeah this seems like a good restoration project tbh. Any recommendations for a neck single coil? Will get a new pickguard. I will take the guitar to my tech in the next couple of weeks to have the piezo/magnetic blend looked at.

lol

Post by lol »

primeholy wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 1:37 pm I used to have a strap just like that. I think I let it go with a guitar I sold. Ima have to get another
I love these Sun straps. The reason I get these straps is because the 60's band Andromeda, the album cover has a cool looking sun on it.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

lol wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:39 pm
Guitarbilly wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:39 am The holes by the bridge pickup were probably for a Roland GK pickup. The holes by the neck pickup is where the original single coil was mounted.

Thanks Billy! Yeah this seems like a good restoration project tbh. Any recommendations for a neck single coil? Will get a new pickguard. I will take the guitar to my tech in the next couple of weeks to have the piezo/magnetic blend looked at.
I like the DiMarzio Area 67 since it's noise cancelling and it sounds really good. For a regular, vintage style single I really like the Fralin Real 54. But this is such a modern guitar, I'd just go with the Areas.

lol

Post by lol »

Guitarbilly wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:06 pm
lol wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2024 10:39 pm

I like the DiMarzio Area 67 since it's noise cancelling and it sounds really good. For a regular, vintage style single I really like the Fralin Real 54. But this is such a modern guitar, I'd just go with the Areas.