New Amp Friday

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Maddnotez

New Amp Friday

Post by Maddnotez »

Should I open it?

Last edited by Maddnotez on Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Re: New Amp Friday

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

I bet you already did!!!! :party:
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Open this fucker up!!!!! Let's see it!!!!

:lol:

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Super excited it's the 6L6 uber ultra, can't plug it in until tomorrow unfortunately.

brutalgroove

Post by brutalgroove »

That is AWESOME!!! Looking forward to your review - which I understand may take a while. as those damn things have a great deal packed into them

Enjoy

Ed
HD147
Super Crush 100
RG100es
G-Flex 2X12
Randall 4X12
VHT 4X12
Electric Geetars - several
Acoustics - 1
Bass - 1

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

That's a killer amp man!!! I had the Twin Jet for a while and loved it!! Easily in the Top 5 best high gain amps I've owned, if not higher

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Guitarbilly wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:20 pm That's a killer amp man!!! I had the Twin Jet for a while and loved it!! Easily in the Top 5 best high gain amps I've owned, if not higher
Yeah I've gone through a lot of amps and my old green uber was probably the top amp for me.

I also love the TJ but couldn't do both. Hoping this is the best of both worlds.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

brutalgroove wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:14 pm That is AWESOME!!! Looking forward to your review - which I understand may take a while. as those damn things have a great deal packed into them

Enjoy

Ed
My first impression is this thing is a monster. One of the very few amps that probably doesn't need a boost for me. I boosted the Rev 2 but this one is insane.

Definitely does the brutal metal thing.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Maddnotez wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:34 pm
Guitarbilly wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:20 pm That's a killer amp man!!! I had the Twin Jet for a while and loved it!! Easily in the Top 5 best high gain amps I've owned, if not higher
Yeah I've gone through a lot of amps and my old green uber was probably the top amp for me.

I also love the TJ but couldn't do both. Hoping this is the best of both worlds.
Yeah I think if I ever buy an Uberschall again, I'll buy the Ultra model. There's a warmth in the midrange that I like better.
The Twin Jet was a sledgehammer flat out. This one can get heavy too but there's more richness in the mid gain tones.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Guitarbilly wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 7:35 pm
Maddnotez wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:34 pm

Yeah I think if I ever buy an Uberschall again, I'll buy the Ultra model. There's a warmth in the midrange that I like better.
The Twin Jet was a sledgehammer flat out. This one can get heavy too but there's more richness in the mid gain tones.
Definitely agree. It might be my favorite so far out of the Rev 2 and TJ. I didn't get much time with it but I used an old crate cab with whatever celestion speakers they had in it and it sounded amazing through that so I can't wait to try a good cab.

Tons of shaping options so I'll need some time with it.