Saw Lamb of God and Pantera last night

Talk about your favorite records, bands, shows and anything you can think of that is related to music
Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Saw Lamb of God and Pantera last night

Post by Guitarbilly »

I was offered free tickets at the last minute so obviously I had to go:

Some highlights:

Whoever is running the sound for this tour is brilliant, this has to be the highest sound quality I've heard in a metal show in many years, possibly decades. Just crushingly heavy and crystal clear at the same time.

Lamb of God is on absolute fire and their guitar tones are insane in this tour. I've seen them many times and it's always great but this was well above their average. I have zero criticism of this show. Just impeccable sound and performance.

Now Pantera:

Phil sounds amazing. It's crazy how he was able to get his voice back to this level. He sounds as good as he did in the 90s.
Rex is Rex and he sounds great as always.
Charlie is absolutely nailing his parts. Even his drum tones sound a lot like Vinne.
Zakk has gotten a lot better than he was in the beginning, his tone still doesn't work in some songs but overall he puts on a solid performance.
The Floods tribute to the brothers was amazing and emotional. I realized that even 20 years later, I haven't fully processed or accepted Dime's passing.

Overall it was a better show than I expected. There were a lot of young fans there that clearly hadn't seen them in the 90s or weren't even born back therm, so it's good that they're bringing this music to them. But I HAVE seen Pantera at their prime many times so it's hard. I think it was a good experience overall but goddamn I miss Dime.

greatmutah

Re: Saw Lamb of God and Pantera last night

Post by greatmutah »

I saw Pantera opening for Metallica and they sounded awesome. I agree with everything you said. Charlie in particular surprised the hell out of me. When he said “close your eyes and just imagine it’s Vinnie,” he wasn’t wrong. He is so spot on it’s ridiculous. Zakk has gotten better. They didn’t have the Floods thing but his playing on November vs tour start fits so much better. Their live sound was stellar too.

I havent seen LOG in a while but they’re coming with Mastodon this summer. I might go to that. It’s an anniversary Ashes of the Wake/Leviathan tour.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

linthat22

Re: Saw Lamb of God and Pantera last night

Post by linthat22 »

Some great reviews guys, glad to hear it was enjoyable.