Rate the last film you watched

Talk about subjects not related to music or gear. Please keep discussions civil and follow the GGF rules of conduct at all times. Political and religious topics are not allowed.
pepe

Re: Rate the last film you watched

Post by pepe »

Green Book 2018 9/10

Marc G

Post by Marc G »

Deadpool and Wolverine - 7.5/10

probably the best score I could give a MCU movie.... solid action and actually funny..... good popcorn movie
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote:

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

With the revival of the Cold War, I had to break out my DVD of the Alec Guinness 1979, 6 part series; "Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy".
FnA man, the acting is amazing and what an awesome, well thought out script!!!
There are no breaks in continuity, no holes that make you say, "that doesn't makes sense" and it is riveting!!!
You have to pay attention to every word... I had to rewind a few times to keep track of the story but it's worth it.
The sequel, "Smiley's People" is just as good and we'll be watching it next week.
Look for the pre-Star Trek performance by Patrick Stewart... he's in both films... for 1 minute each. :lol:
Fucking 20 out of 10 stars... no exaggeration!!! Probably the best film I have ever seen. The 2011 movie pales in comparison.
Attachments
81+WzLG6ZgL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
81+WzLG6ZgL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg (124.03 KiB) Viewed 988 times
Last edited by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT on Fri Aug 23, 2024 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

If you decide to watch Tinker, Taylor, Soldier, Spy.... this cast list will help you to keep track of what's going on.
It's the story of George Smiley (Alex Guinness) working to uncover a Russian mole in the highest levels of British Intelligence.
Attachments
Tinker Taylor Cast.jpg
Tinker Taylor Cast.jpg (156.18 KiB) Viewed 979 times
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Deadpool and Wolverine - dumb as fuck

0/10

Too much reliance on lame cameos, too much bullshit nerd nonsense with the MuLtIvErSe, and overall just seemed like a terrible movie with pandering bullshit to cover up the fact the movie was trash. Fuck Marvel and this trash movie. At least the first Deadpool movie could be enjoyed without having to be a lame comic book nerd.
Ukraine? Mykraine

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

My 22 year old nephew stayed with me last weekend, he had never seen any of the alien movies so I made him watch them all then took him to Alien Romulus

I really enjoyed it. I intentionally avoided any details about it before going so I was actual expecting a continuation of the prequels. Enjoyable film and the aesthetic/vibe/pacing was a lot closer to the originals

As a side note, I still can't grasp how people complain so much about prometheus and covenant when alien 3 and resurrection exist. The prequels are fun and visually pleasing films. Those other two... are a cringe fest and I feel like they get worse every time I see them. Still special films to me as I love the whole franchise but lets be real here lol
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

spawnofthesith wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:56 pm My 22 year old nephew stayed with me last weekend, he had never seen any of the alien movies so I made him watch them all then took him to Alien Romulus

I really enjoyed it. I intentionally avoided any details about it before going so I was actual expecting a continuation of the prequels. Enjoyable film and the aesthetic/vibe/pacing was a lot closer to the originals

As a side note, I still can't grasp how people complain so much about prometheus and covenant when alien 3 and resurrection exist. The prequels are fun and visually pleasing films. Those other two... are a cringe fest and I feel like they get worse every time I see them. Still special films to me as I love the whole franchise but lets be real here lol
So Alien 3 is a guilty pleasure for me. Like I know it’s not that great but dammit I like it. I like the assembly cut even more as it explains some things a bit better than the theatrical cut. Also, Charles S Dutton was outstanding in that movie.

Alien Resurrection… ok it’s got some issues but it’s actually pretty fun and cool for about 3/4s of the movie. Then the newborn thing shows up and I just don’t give a shit after that.

I like Prometheus for what it is. I like Covenant for what it is. I was actually looking forward to seeing what the third installment of that series would have been like. I think Michael Fassbender’s David was purely evil and I dug that. I know the tech discrepancies between Alien and Prometheus were problematic for folks but while it wasn’t great I didn’t dwell on it.

I’ll see Romulus sooner than later. That’s one I absolutely want to see. I don’t think there’s any Alien movie I’ve outright hated. I mean AVP2 was not good but I at least enjoyed the gore fest, at least when I could see it.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

greatmutah wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 8:36 pm
spawnofthesith wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:56 pm My 22 year old nephew stayed with me last weekend, he had never seen any of the alien movies so I made him watch them all then took him to Alien Romulus

So Alien 3 is a guilty pleasure for me. Like I know it’s not that great but dammit I like it. I like the assembly cut even more as it explains some things a bit better than the theatrical cut. Also, Charles S Dutton was outstanding in that movie.

Alien Resurrection… ok it’s got some issues but it’s actually pretty fun and cool for about 3/4s of the movie. Then the newborn thing shows up and I just don’t give a shit after that.

I like Prometheus for what it is. I like Covenant for what it is. I was actually looking forward to seeing what the third installment of that series would have been like. I think Michael Fassbender’s David was purely evil and I dug that. I know the tech discrepancies between Alien and Prometheus were problematic for folks but while it wasn’t great I didn’t dwell on it.

I’ll see Romulus sooner than later. That’s one I absolutely want to see. I don’t think there’s any Alien movie I’ve outright hated. I mean AVP2 was not good but I at least enjoyed the gore fest, at least when I could see it.
I actually just found out about the assembly cut like a day after we watched alien 3 again the other day... kinda wish I'd known lol. I want to watch it but I think I'm going to have till next years annual alien viewings :lol:

When it comes to the tech, well the reasoning of a high level scientific mission vs. more industrial applications works for me. Hell I see that kind of difference in real life every day working in a laboratory depending on which part of the building I'm in :lol:

I think you'll definitely dig Roumuls :thu:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Chris Z

Post by Chris Z »

Strange Darling 8/10 good thriller
Bad Boys 8/10
Ghost Rite Here Rite now 8/10
Longlegs 5/10
Deadpool Wolverine 8/10
Twisters 7/10

Marc G

Post by Marc G »

Borderlands 1/10..... I can't believe I wasted WiFi bandwidth pirating that god awful movie....... the only way I can see someone liking that POS is if you're 6 years old and never played the games.....
I can't remember what my signature was..... I'm sure it was something interesting..... :quote: