The Dentist Office: The unofficial PRS discussion and photo lounge

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Chris Z

Re: The Dentist Office: The unofficial PRS discussion and photo lounge

Post by Chris Z »

XYZ Inside Out?

I'm Still working on pictures, its spread out all over multiple facebook, hard drives and camera folders for 20 years now. :o

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

Snave wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 10:26 pm
macaronisalad wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:20 pm

Nice rack! A Morin preamp is responsible for one of my favourite tones ever.
Thanks man. I'm guessing XYZ's "Hungry"?
Yessir! That hot, bright tone just hits me in all the right places. I’ve been aiming at that sound the last 15 years or so.
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

Snave

Post by Snave »

macaronisalad wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:29 am
macaronisalad wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:20 pm

Nice rack! A Morin preamp is responsible for one of my favourite tones ever.
Yessir! That hot, bright tone just hits me in all the right places. I’ve been aiming at that sound the last 15 years or so.
That is a great tone. Single tracked with some kind of pitch widening effect if you believe it. Marc Diglio used one of Mike Morin's prototype 1.5U preamps into a Marshall Super Bass modded with an effects loop. 25W Greenbacks too I believe.

One of those prototype preamps was on Reverb a week or two ago. I've only seen three of them ever and Marc doesn't have his anymore, so it might've been the one he tracked with even. Somebody on RigTalk owns Marc's old Super Bass too.

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

Snave wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 2:49 am
macaronisalad wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:29 am

That is a great tone. Single tracked with some kind of pitch widening effect if you believe it. Marc Diglio used one of Mike Morin's prototype 1.5U preamps into a Marshall Super Bass modded with an effects loop. 25W Greenbacks too I believe.

One of those prototype preamps was on Reverb a week or two ago. I've only seen three of them ever and Marc doesn't have his anymore, so it might've been the one he tracked with even. Somebody on RigTalk owns Marc's old Super Bass too.

Marc recently "reappeared" and has been pretty active, at least doing interviews with one guy.

The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.