The end of Marshall USA price gouging.

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Endtime

Re: The end of Marshall USA price gouging.

Post by Endtime »

Adrian wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:19 pm Mesa got stupid with their pricing for sure, but even with Gibson money, aren’t they still technically a much smaller operation than Marshall? I also recall Mesa was having some trouble keeping up with demand during the height of the ‘rona, so I would imagine that had a part in their price increases as well.
Shop I’m at is a Mesa dealer. One of the biggest in Illinois. Mesa said the Gibson acquisition wasn’t gonna change anything and they’d still operate as normal. That felt like a lie then and it’s all but been proven a lie now. We don’t have much issue getting Mesa gear. It’s just Gibson jacking prices up.

Now one company who the owner took a chance on, cause it could have been real cool, was Peavey, and they can’t get anything out to the dealers. Literally almost nothing. Maybe some mini heads. I’m sure Sweetwater and GC get basically anything they can get out, but we’ve gotten like 4-5 HP2 guitars, some mini 6505 and Invective heads and a few classic combos. In over 3 years. Supposed to get the 1992 6505s and the 6505 ii. And of course a bunch of the HP2, and they just can’t do it. Even tho almost EVERYTHING is made overseas whether in China for the electronics of CZech Republic for the guitars. Used to really like PV. Now I kinda hate them! Haha

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Mesas were price gouging long before gibson :idk:

They've never exactly been an "affordable" brand... and I can't really think of any USA amp manufacturers that aren't selling their "flagships" for $3-4k
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

spawnofthesith wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:38 pm Mesas were price gouging long before gibson :idk:

They've never exactly been an "affordable" brand... and I can't really think of any USA amp manufacturers that aren't selling their "flagships" for $3-4k
JP2C were $2500 before Gibson and “inflation” now $4k. The triple crown and Badlander are similarly increased

screamingdaisy

Post by screamingdaisy »

Adrian wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 7:19 pm Mesa got stupid with their pricing for sure, but even with Gibson money, aren’t they still technically a much smaller operation than Marshall? I also recall Mesa was having some trouble keeping up with demand during the height of the ‘rona, so I would imagine that had a part in their price increases as well.
They had problems sourcing parts, and once they finally found parts, they had problems getting shipping containers to move the parts. They stopped taking new orders for around a year because of the backlog, and I think they finally started shipping to the EU again in the last week or so.

Supply vs demand - Bigger companies (like GM/Ford big) had more money to throw at the problem, so the smaller companies were getting squeezed out.