Randall Smith FIRED from Mesa??

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
holy-diver

Re: Randall Smith FIRED from Mesa??

Post by holy-diver »

greatmutah wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:01 pm Welp, it’s official.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/gibson ... smith-exit

So we’ll have Pre-Gibson Mesas, Transition Period Mesas and Post Randall Smith Mesas on reverb. Probably sooner than later. Not to mention Pre-Gibson Pre-95 Exist Rectos.
As an owner and fan of their amps I have always actively despised the cult of Mesa fanboys and hoarders. So annoying :wank:

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

holy-diver wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 10:18 pm
greatmutah wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 9:01 pm Welp, it’s official.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/gibson ... smith-exit

So we’ll have Pre-Gibson Mesas, Transition Period Mesas and Post Randall Smith Mesas on reverb. Probably sooner than later. Not to mention Pre-Gibson Pre-95 Exist Rectos.
As an owner and fan of their amps I have always actively despised the cult of Mesa fanboys and hoarders. So annoying :wank:
Oh I agree. But I expect to see this all on Reverb sooner than later.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

Endtime wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 4:33 pm There’s no doubt this was a contract written after he sold it. For him to be a part of this or that. But I know for fact the MESA dudes all said they were told “nothing would change.”. Prices were supposed to stay normal etc etc. Because obviously if they price themselves out of the market, people are gonna be let go, and their increases have hurt sales. Who knows if this was the time Smith was said to be let go or not, and obviously he sold it cause he was gonna get out sooner rather than later but most people like him who had this long standing business would TRY to make sure his company and employees don’t get the shaft from the new owner. But often times that happens no matter what promises were made. Gibson has memory holed numerous businesses they bought out. I doubt Mesa flat out disappears but man, $3.5-4k amps ain’t the way forward.
Gibson just caters to holding fanboys over a barrel by their ankles and shaking out every dollar they can get. It is their way, and has been for quite some time.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

People vaguely attempted the "pre-gibson" crap a few years ago but I've probably gotten the best deals on used mesa that I ever have since the buyout :lol:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Spaced Out Ace wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 12:08 am
Gibson just caters to holding fanboys over a barrel by their ankles and shaking out every dollar they can get. It is their way, and has been for quite some time.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Are those built in coke mirrors?

Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

Guitarbilly wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 9:10 pm
Dear, God.