Randall Smith FIRED from Mesa??

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
spawnofthesith

Re: Randall Smith FIRED from Mesa??

Post by spawnofthesith »

Sounds like utter bullshit but I’ll eat my words if anything other than unsubstantiated YouTube shuckster claims and “trust me bro” sources come
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Yeah anything at this point is pure speculation. I think most of us here know that.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

zozobra

Post by zozobra »

But grown men need their drama, goddamnit :cop:

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

I didn’t know that’s how it worked in the corporate world, Well I hope then it was his choice to leave without any bullshit, that would be a sad way for it all to end, even if it didn’t end well and you’re Gibson you still gotta put out a statement thanking him

fastredponycar

Post by fastredponycar »

I'm waiting to hear back from a couple of people who would have credible info on it but if it's true, yeah kinda what Raf said, I've been a part of these buyout's and mergers and the leadership of the company being bought never stays. They will stick around to make sure the transition happens and after that, they sail off with their earnings.
Too much junk to list with 255 characters. :facepalm:

Check my gear reviews
https://www.youtube.com/@FastRedPonyCar

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

There’s no doubt this was a contract written after he sold it. For him to be a part of this or that. But I know for fact the MESA dudes all said they were told “nothing would change.”. Prices were supposed to stay normal etc etc. Because obviously if they price themselves out of the market, people are gonna be let go, and their increases have hurt sales. Who knows if this was the time Smith was said to be let go or not, and obviously he sold it cause he was gonna get out sooner rather than later but most people like him who had this long standing business would TRY to make sure his company and employees don’t get the shaft from the new owner. But often times that happens no matter what promises were made. Gibson has memory holed numerous businesses they bought out. I doubt Mesa flat out disappears but man, $3.5-4k amps ain’t the way forward.

gibson5413

Post by gibson5413 »

I have been part of a few different tech company acquisitions and this kind of thing is fairly standard practice. For example, I was with a company called Omniture (a data analytics company in the mid-2000s). We were acquired by Adobe as they wanted to add digital analytics to their digital media GTM strategy. The Omniture CEO stayed on for a full year as the company was absorbed into the Adobe family of products. He left at the one-year mark of the acquisition.

Not saying it is exactly the same with Randall and Gibson but I would bet that is what happened for the most part.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Endtime wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 4:33 pm There’s no doubt this was a contract written after he sold it. For him to be a part of this or that. But I know for fact the MESA dudes all said they were told “nothing would change.”. Prices were supposed to stay normal etc etc. Because obviously if they price themselves out of the market, people are gonna be let go, and their increases have hurt sales. Who knows if this was the time Smith was said to be let go or not, and obviously he sold it cause he was gonna get out sooner rather than later but most people like him who had this long standing business would TRY to make sure his company and employees don’t get the shaft from the new owner. But often times that happens no matter what promises were made. Gibson has memory holed numerous businesses they bought out. I doubt Mesa flat out disappears but man, $3.5-4k amps ain’t the way forward.
I agree with you there. I think Gibson thinks Mesa should be charging Friedman prices for their gear and that’s not good for Mesa. Mesa was never the most affordable brand by any means but they weren’t always the most expensive either.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Peavey 5150
—————

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

Welp, it’s official.

https://www.guitarworld.com/news/gibson ... smith-exit

So we’ll have Pre-Gibson Mesas, Transition Period Mesas and Post Randall Smith Mesas on reverb. Probably sooner than later. Not to mention Pre-Gibson Pre-95 Exist Rectos.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Peavey 5150
—————