NAD!!!! Power Station 2!!

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Re: NAD!!!! Power Station 2!!

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

Congrats and HNPSD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:
Man, I really need a Powerstation for my Sunn Solarus. The Solaus sounds great but it's not loud enough for the band.
Man, I also need a winning lottery ticket!!! lol
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Spaced Out Ace wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:41 pm
Guitarbilly wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:00 pm
zozobra wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:31 pm

It's classic British shitty business decision making. Too many MBAs pitching merch instead of core products. I blame the apprentice. Have you've everseen the British apprentice? I don't know where they find these people from as they are the dumbest motherfuckers I have ever seen. Their core skill is unshakable confidence in the face of being flat out wrong, and being totally insufferable. It will be one of these chucklefucks pushing to make yet another mini fridge that looks like a half stack to sell to boomers who played guitar for 3 months when they were 14.

Pretty much the same in the US. The new owners are Swede now so maybe there will be a change. They already fixed the ridiculous USA prices set by the old US distributor so that's a good start. The new CEO gave an interview to Guitar World magazine a few months ago and said that they're in process of reorganizing the company and 2025 will be a big year for new Marshall amps. He even hinted at a possible in-house mod shop. We'll see.
Sorry, but no they haven't. They aren't even consistently in stock. Once they are consistently in stock, if the prices stay where they are, then yeah, that can be claimed. Until then, we can't quite claim that.

Like you said, we'll see, but I have a feeling the prices will creep at least half way in about two years.

That said, I'm tempted to get a Marshall JCM800.
I don't really understand the thought process here. Marshall literally lowered their prices across the board. Regardless of keeping stock or not, the prices are lower. This is like saying Mesa increased their prices across the board, but because they can't keep amps in stock in Europe, they didn't actually increase their prices...
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

ninjaraf wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:52 pm I don't really understand the thought process here. Marshall literally lowered their prices across the board. Regardless of keeping stock or not, the prices are lower. This is like saying Mesa increased their prices across the board, but because they can't keep amps in stock in Europe, they didn't actually increase their prices...
yeah it doesn't make sense. The Power Station sells for $899 and it's also out of stock pretty much everywhere at the moment. I lucked out and found this one in stock at Vintage King last week and guess how much I paid for it? yep $899

In the used market I see people trying to take advantage of products that are out of stock and sell for same as new or more for those who can't/don't want to wait.

But for new products, the price does not change whether it's currently in stock or not.

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

ninjaraf wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:52 pm
Spaced Out Ace wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 4:41 pm
Guitarbilly wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 2:00 pm

Pretty much the same in the US. The new owners are Swede now so maybe there will be a change. They already fixed the ridiculous USA prices set by the old US distributor so that's a good start. The new CEO gave an interview to Guitar World magazine a few months ago and said that they're in process of reorganizing the company and 2025 will be a big year for new Marshall amps. He even hinted at a possible in-house mod shop. We'll see.
Sorry, but no they haven't. They aren't even consistently in stock. Once they are consistently in stock, if the prices stay where they are, then yeah, that can be claimed. Until then, we can't quite claim that.

Like you said, we'll see, but I have a feeling the prices will creep at least half way in about two years.

That said, I'm tempted to get a Marshall JCM800.
I don't really understand the thought process here. Marshall literally lowered their prices across the board. Regardless of keeping stock or not, the prices are lower. This is like saying Mesa increased their prices across the board, but because they can't keep amps in stock in Europe, they didn't actually increase their prices...
Okay, then. Ignore me, I'm just being cynical.

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

Guitarbilly wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 6:18 pm
ninjaraf wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 5:52 pm I don't really understand the thought process here. Marshall literally lowered their prices across the board. Regardless of keeping stock or not, the prices are lower. This is like saying Mesa increased their prices across the board, but because they can't keep amps in stock in Europe, they didn't actually increase their prices...
yeah it doesn't make sense. The Power Station sells for $899 and it's also out of stock pretty much everywhere at the moment. I lucked out and found this one in stock at Vintage King last week and guess how much I paid for it? yep $899

In the used market I see people trying to take advantage of products that are out of stock and sell for same as new or more for those who can't/don't want to wait.

But for new products, the price does not change whether it's currently in stock or not.
I love Fryette, but they can't produce stuff anywhere close to what they did 10-15 years ago, nor are they remotely close to Marshall in terms of production volume.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Spaced Out Ace wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 7:33 pm
I love Fryette, but they can't produce stuff anywhere close to what they did 10-15 years ago, nor are they remotely close to Marshall in terms of production volume.
It doesn't make what you said any less nonsensical, Marshall prices went down. It's not a conspiracy lol

The amps are currently out of stock because they removed their US distributor. Takes a while for their new distribution system to catch up with it, that's all. There's a lot involved in changing distribution. Account Payables, credit lines, all that has to be transferred and settled into the new system, all that takes times, especially when done internationally and with high volume dealers. Any distributor change usually results in a transition period with lower inventory. That's not new or particular to Marshall....

loop bizkit

Post by loop bizkit »

zozobra wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2024 1:31 pm It will be one of these chucklefucks pushing to make yet another mini fridge that looks like a half stack to sell to boomers who played guitar for 3 months when they were 14.

I started playing guitar at 13, and have a Marshall fridge in my office... so this tracks. :lol:

turbopablo

Post by turbopablo »

If you own big amps, you should own a PS. I will never sell mine.

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Yeah thing was awesome when I had it. Also works great for bringing small amps to a giggable volume…like the mark v25. I’ve been wondering if one of these might be a better choice vs my driftwood reactive load. Certainly has a lot more features.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yeah it's such a useful and versatile tool. Just in my case, I can:

- add a master volume and loop with my Super Lead

- use it as a portable rig with the IRD

- use it as a power amp for my ENGL rack

- use it as a reactive load for recording

- add a bigger power section to the DS mini

- use it as a W/D/W rig with all my amps

That's a LOT of applications for $899. It's really hard to beat the value!!