How’s these couple of clips?

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Endtime

Re: How’s these couple of clips?

Post by Endtime »

Btw, these ^^^ are all 5153 el34 hundo red channel straight in. Sm7b mic.. Oh yeah using a cloud lifter with that. Not sure what difference if any that makes. I know it’s more designed for like a podcaster, as I don’t need that boost with my preamps. But a part of me does think it adds a touch of size and clarity.. who knows

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

If I had to choose, I think I'd be torn between the v30 and the 65. The v30 is the most aggressive and the 65 has the best overall tone per se, but takes a bit of the percussiveness off the riffs.

But I think that if I was listening to an entire album, the 65 would be a better choice for me, as v30s can get a bit tiring on my ears after a while - not particularly to your tone, but that's a thing I have with V30s in general. I use them for live shows because of their immediacy and punch but I tend to prefer Greens or Creams when I'm recording.

The K100s are cool, I like them and if that was the only clip I'd have no problem with them at all, but when compared to the other 2 they sound a bit.. plain, I think. Neither as aggressive as the v30 nor as rich as the 65.

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Fair assessment. I had only listened in my truck, which leaves a bunch to be desired for sure, other than in my studio of course and the k100s felt good in the truck. The 65s are my favorite tone. They smooth the right areas of that amp. The v30 sounds like every mess V30 IR I’ve come across. Lol