Wireless guitar systems.

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
greatmutah

Wireless guitar systems.

Post by greatmutah »

Hey folks. Got a friend asking me for some recommendations for a wireless setup for his guitar. I have none so I figured I’d ask here as I myself may need one if I get back to playing out. Not looking for cheap crap but not crazy expensive either. Hit me with what you got.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Wireless guitar systems.

Post by Guitarbilly »

Kimmi gave me a Lekato WS90 as a Christmas gift after I kicked my XVive off the stage. :lol:

The Lekato works really well. It's 5.8ghz so there are no interference with cell phones, no dropouts etc and it sounds pretty much like a cable.

The more expensive/high-end option that everyone seems to like is the Shure GLXD16+, which is cool because it doubles as a tuner.

I thought about buying one many times but idk the $60 Lekato works fine so :idk:

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Yeah the Shure with the built in tuner is awesome. It scans various frequencies constantly to ensure the best signal connection. And…tuner.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

jamminjohn

Post by jamminjohn »

I've got the Boss WL-50 for about three years now. Works great at gigs. Probably 40 shows and never a problem.

Its time to buy another wireless, so, probably another Boss.

The Shure looks good, also.

screamingdaisy

Post by screamingdaisy »

I use the Shure GLXD16+. Noise problems have been solved by pressing the scan button, and it resyncs with the transmitter automatically, so I don't need to hold the transmitter up to an IR light to resync. The tuner is great, and that it displays remaining charge/time on the tuner is handy.

It's not super well documented, but there's also a low latency mode and a high reliability mode, so you can prioritize based on what you're dealing with.

I also like the stubby antenna as it doesn't get caught and/or fucked up on things.

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Also all great points about it. My favorite thing is I don’t have to think about all this stuff. It just works and saves a pedal board spot.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

maggotspawn

Post by maggotspawn »

Guitarbilly wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 12:37 am Kimmi gave me a Lekato WS90 as a Christmas gift after I kicked my XVive off the stage. :lol:

The Lekato works really well. It's 5.8ghz so there are no interference with cell phones, no dropouts etc and it sounds pretty much like a cable.

The more expensive/high-end option that everyone seems to like is the Shure GLXD16+, which is cool because it doubles as a tuner.

I thought about buying one many times but idk the $60 Lekato works fine so :idk:
I have the Lekato WS50 and they are a bit noisy.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yeah I was told not to get the ws50. The 90 is the updated version and much better.

facefirst

Post by facefirst »

Guitarbilly wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:46 pm Yeah I was told not to get the ws50. The 90 is the updated version and much better.
I have the WS50 and have had zero issues with it. I actually got that and the 90 but I didn’t like the size of the 90 and it would unfold on its own (had it in a side mount jack) so I sent it back. Either way, nice no frills wireless unit.