Am I Missing Anything Not Having a Fuzz Pedal?

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
broslinger

Re: Am I Missing Anything Not Having a Fuzz Pedal?

Post by broslinger »

I almost forgot. For the money, the sheer availability, and the awesome big boxes, the JHS legends of fuzz series is PERFECT to try some good shit.

Crimson = based on a Red Army Muff
Bender = based on a 73 Mk3
Mary K = Based on a Kay Fuzz.
Supreme = Based on a 72 Super Fuzz
Plug in = based on a boss tone. Similar to a Fuzzrite, but less finnicky, and does octave sounds up the neck.
Berkeley = based on the Fresh Fuzz. no fucking idea what this is.
Smiley = based on some piece of shit fuzz face probably. This will suck like every fuzz face.
P O W E R F U L ___ M I D C U T ___ C O N T R O L

SPOTIFY LINK TO CATATONIC DOUCHE ALBUM!!!
https://open.spotify.com/album/0IOhhAhdZfaB7BN74SUHLC

Also iTunes and Apple Music:
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/holid ... 1293369997

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Re: Am I Missing Anything Not Having a Fuzz Pedal?

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

greatmutah wrote: Fri Feb 16, 2024 4:21 pm I don’t have a Bender either. Ajax always posts the deep trip ones and I want one of those for my Bender. And an Alpha Haunt. And a Pharoah. I don’t believe the last two are benders but they look awesome.
I really dig Deep Trip pedals.
They're between US$150 and $200 used.
I have their Stormy Monday (OD), a Hell Bender fuzz, a PageBender fuzz and their Onça-Pintada treble boost.
There aren't many OD's that are better than the Stormy Monday and I really like the HellBender.
The Onça-Pintada is a good treble boost but I still like the Naga Viper and PLX FX Bion Boost better.

The HellBender and PageBender sound pretty damn good... they both have a Bias knob (low battery effect) that I don't use.
Here's a comparison vid...
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd