NGD. But it is now with a tech.

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
eyeball987

NGD. But it is now with a tech.

Post by eyeball987 »

Picked up this Slash gold top about a month ago locally. Not because it is a Slash model, but I have always wanted a gold top, prefer the dark back, and wanted a 50's neck LP around again. The person I picked it up from installed a new set of the Slash 2.0 SD's which are pretty cool but I am still getting used to them. The JB is my go to and these do not have anywhere close to the same output.

Likes: neck feels great, plays slinky (might go up a step in string gauge), fretboard is nice and dark, and it's a gold top!

Dislikes: fret buzz in spots due to a super shaved down nut, tone knob on the neck pickup does nothing, I prefer bigger frets.

Dropped it off with a local tech for a new nut and to check the wiring. Will decide if I am keeping it after I get it back. If the neck still feels as good as it did to me when I get it back, this could be a jumbo stainless refret candidate.
Attachments
Gold front web.jpg
Gold front web.jpg (78.45 KiB) Viewed 247 times
Gold front close web.jpg
Gold front close web.jpg (55.63 KiB) Viewed 247 times