I’m sure not much care/interest…

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Helstrume

Re: I’m sure not much care/interest…

Post by Helstrume »

spawnofthesith wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:32 pm I don't know anything about rail pickups, what are the major differences vs regular pole pieces?
They claim better string balance with more tightness, and clarity. I want hear what people say about the models with, and without rails.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Helstrume wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:33 pm
spawnofthesith wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 3:32 pm I don't know anything about rail pickups, what are the major differences vs regular pole pieces?
They claim better string balance with more tightness, and clarity. I want hear what people say about the models with, and without rails.
Well that just sounds like a win win lol

Been thinking about changing out the Dragon IIs in my cu22… I already like the Nazgûl, maybe a rail version would be the ticket :hmm:

Can rail pickups still be split like a normal humbucker?
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV | Badlander 50

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

spawnofthesith wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2024 1:39 am
Helstrume wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2024 10:33 pm
Well that just sounds like a win win lol

Been thinking about changing out the Dragon IIs in my cu22… I already like the Nazgûl, maybe a rail version would be the ticket :hmm:

Can rail pickups still be split like a normal humbucker?
For the JB it does seem like a cool tweak. A bit tighter lows and a tad more aggression. Altho Duncan has recommended using a 250k pot with the JB before cause it can be a little too bright in some guitars. The rails could make it even MoReso. And they also mention using a 250k pot. Which whatver. I’ve used 250k with humbuckers numerous times.

And yes they can be split, parallel, etc