I’m sure not much care/interest…

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Endtime

I’m sure not much care/interest…

Post by Endtime »

, I suppose it’s mostly geared towards metal, Duncan started this “rail” series or whatver. They “rail’d up” the JB/jazz and Nazgul/Sentient… at least they are trying a “little” sumthin unique. I tried this “Jupiter” tail pickup recently and not.. a .. fan.. I’m honestly more intrigued by the JB as a rail than the Nazgul

https://www.seymourduncan.com/products/rail-series

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: I’m sure not much care/interest…

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yes!! I'm actually VERY interested in the rail JB/Jazz set. I love rail pickups it's a shame that there aren't many options out there.

Helstrume

Post by Helstrume »

I see they went with alnico 8 mags also. So whats the Jupiter like? I never saw any reviews.

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Helstrume wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:59 pm I see they went with alnico 8 mags also. So whats the Jupiter like? I never saw any reviews.
The A8 is what interests me. I’m seemingly a pretty big fan of A8? Whether it’s pickups “designed “ around an A8 or swapping em in.

The Jupiter was just really tame. And I’m a hard picker. That’s why I don’t like super high output. But it just felt like it had no balls, no push, just bland. I couldn’t even force thru the aggression

broslinger

Post by broslinger »

Thx for the headsup. I’m a big fan of rail pickups and Duncan humbuckers.

Alnico 8’s are interesting. I have some creamery alnico 8 darklines. They are some of the loudest, but glassiest pickups I’ve ever played. Still sound cool though.
P O W E R F U L ___ M I D C U T ___ C O N T R O L

SPOTIFY LINK TO CATATONIC DOUCHE ALBUM!!!
https://open.spotify.com/album/0IOhhAhdZfaB7BN74SUHLC

Also iTunes and Apple Music:
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/holid ... 1293369997

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

broslinger wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 2:11 am Thx for the headsup. I’m a big fan of rail pickups and Duncan humbuckers.

Alnico 8’s are interesting. I have some creamery alnico 8 darklines. They are some of the loudest, but glassiest pickups I’ve ever played. Still sound cool though.
A8 mags can YELL a lot of the time. Lol. But I imagine they took that into consideration and didn’t just take some rails and slap an A8 on some JB coils. Altho…. that’s prolly all they did. Lol

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Cause one of the most toneful and organic pickups I’ve played was the Dimarzio Satchur8… Best Dimarzio … since whenever they released that.

Helstrume

Post by Helstrume »

Endtime wrote: Sat Sep 21, 2024 12:30 am
Helstrume wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2024 10:59 pm I see they went with alnico 8 mags also. So whats the Jupiter like? I never saw any reviews.
The A8 is what interests me. I’m seemingly a pretty big fan of A8? Whether it’s pickups “designed “ around an A8 or swapping em in.

The Jupiter was just really tame. And I’m a hard picker. That’s why I don’t like super high output. But it just felt like it had no balls, no push, just bland. I couldn’t even force thru the aggression
I just read a review that was saying the same thing. That sucks.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

I don't know anything about rail pickups, what are the major differences vs regular pole pieces?
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV | Badlander 50

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

nightflameauto

Post by nightflameauto »

Oh man. I love the Nazgul/Sentient set, and would love to hear if there's any difference in a rail set. Hmm. That may be going on the wish list.