Incoming HX stomp...

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Vladimir Putin

Re: Incoming HX stomp...

Post by Vladimir Putin »

I like being able to use two at the same time plus the H9 max isn’t that much less. The H90 has more algos, better interface, more power, and can be run 4cm.
Ukraine? Mykraine

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yeah the H9 is a pain in the ass to use. The screen on the H90 alone make it worth the price difference.

I don't think the price is too crazy for what it does. But I grew up in the 80s and used to buy rack processors for that kind of money that did a lot less.

My main issue is that I'm not going to use 5% of it. Basically delay and micropitch :lol:

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

But when I’m poorly hacking out 80s riffs that micropitch and eventide delay are :chefskiss: Normally I just run a dual delay and a plate reverb but that micropitch is addictive.

I bet the synth stuff with a fuzz pedal will be neat :hmm:

I really need to explore it a bit more :lol:
Ukraine? Mykraine

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Haven't read all the comments but damn, if that thing died on me in the middle of a show I'd be using something different.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Maddnotez wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 12:26 pm Haven't read all the comments but damn, if that thing died on me in the middle of a show I'd be using something different.

Since it fired right back up when I got home I am chalking up the show failure to way to many things likely running off not enough and probably not the best power in a park... the last band that played had to forfeit half their lighting rig mid set because they were having some issues as well

I'm guessing the faulty true bypass relays in the pedal were there since I got the HX one when they launched, and I just never realized it because I never switched away from the DSP buffer setting

That said, technically I am going with something different HX Stomp vs HX One :cop: :lol:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

What are you currently using for a power supply?
Ukraine? Mykraine

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 5:51 pm What are you currently using for a power supply?
Voodoo labs pedal power 2, was using a current doubler adaptor for the HX one

Interestingly enough the HX one powers on and operates just fine with seemingly no difference in sound using just one of the "L6" outputs on the voodoo, but when I realized I was technically underpowering it a few months back I grabbed the doubler because I was paranoid something just like this might happen at a gig :lol:

My other theory was potentially overheating but Line 6 said that was highly unlikely with temps in the mid 80s, even in direct sun

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

I had some wonky stuff with my hxfx when I was running my Voodoo Lab ISO5. It didn't totally cut out, but I read that VL really didn't make these power supplies for the newest round of DSP powered pedals. The HX series is pretty power hungry so you may want to eventually look at something like the Cioks.
Ukraine? Mykraine

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2024 6:16 pm I had some wonky stuff with my hxfx when I was running my Voodoo Lab ISO5. It didn't totally cut out, but I read that VL really didn't make these power supplies for the newest round of DSP powered pedals. The HX series is pretty power hungry so you may want to eventually look at something like the Cioks.
Yeah I would eventually like to upgrade, even with doublers and an adaptor for the stomp connection type its not gonna cut it for the stomp's draw so I'll have to just use the included wall wart for now. Cioks is definitely the route I'd go in the future, although for a stomp I think I'd still possibly need to use a current doubler on one of those as well

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

jesus christ, I had no idea the HX Stomp draws more than the H90 does! Freakin wild
Ukraine? Mykraine