The UAFX ANTI pedal is ridiculous

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
fastredponycar

The UAFX ANTI pedal is ridiculous

Post by fastredponycar »

I grabbed this thing on a whim. I've never actually played a 5150 so it was kinda my first experience with this circuit and IMO it sounds really good but that's become par for the course with the UAFX pedals.

Yeah really long video but I really wanted to explore what all this unit can do. I put timestamps in there for easier navigation.

Too much junk to list with 255 characters. :facepalm:

Check my gear reviews
https://www.youtube.com/@FastRedPonyCar

eyeball987

Re: The UAFX ANTI pedal is ridiculous

Post by eyeball987 »

Surprised that you have never played a 5150! I have had 5150 sig, 6505+, and 50W 5153 EL34 and 5153 Stealth. The 6505+ was my favorite but I still want a 5153 EL34 100W.

The pedal sounds cool from what I have listened to so far.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

It sounds decent but with the added high end fizz that is typical modeling. With the 5150 that's more forgivable because the actual amp has a good amount of fizz already, so it's not really too far off. But it's still there though.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

I know you’ve got a crap ton of stuff but if you can get a good deal on a Peavey 5150/6505 or 5150II/6505+, grab one. I’m still a big fan of those amps. I just bought a slightly beat up script letter version a couple months ago and I’m super happy to have it back in my stable. I did like the Stealth I played in store but would have to hear it at home. I did have a 5153 50 watt briefly and it wasn’t a bad amp but I prefer the Peavey voicing. You can tell both amp lines are part of the same family, but for me the Peavey is just more of what I like to hear.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

fastredponycar

Post by fastredponycar »

Guitarbilly wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 12:17 am It sounds decent but with the added high end fizz that is typical modeling. With the 5150 that's more forgivable because the actual amp has a good amount of fizz already, so it's not really too far off. But it's still there though.
Yeah I've always associated that fizzy top end with the 5150's DNA and presume that it has it to sit right in the metal mixes.

I messed around a bit with a parametric EQ pedal after the unit going into my FRFR and there seems to be razor thin line of where it can mostly be cut while still retaining the really aggressive structure and it losing the bite that makes it feel rowdy.

Check my gear reviews

fastredponycar

Post by fastredponycar »

greatmutah wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2024 2:12 pm I know you’ve got a crap ton of stuff but if you can get a good deal on a Peavey 5150/6505 or 5150II/6505+, grab one. I’m still a big fan of those amps. I just bought a slightly beat up script letter version a couple months ago and I’m super happy to have it back in my stable. I did like the Stealth I played in store but would have to hear it at home. I did have a 5153 50 watt briefly and it wasn’t a bad amp but I prefer the Peavey voicing. You can tell both amp lines are part of the same family, but for me the Peavey is just more of what I like to hear.
As much as I wouldn't mind owning one, I really only spend money on stuff that will go on stage with me and 98% of the stuff we play really isn't the type of stuff a 5150 would deliver on. My Jubilee is the gold standard for our 90's cover rock material.

Check my gear reviews