Two pieces of gear broken? Nope. User error.

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
eyeball987

Two pieces of gear broken? Nope. User error.

Post by eyeball987 »

Changed the strings on my #1 LP a couple weeks ago and wasn't paying attention. I always top wrap and somehow spaced doing that until I was cutting the strings at the tuning pegs. Annoyed but whatever. I can deal with it this one time.

First issue: I bought one of those Wampler germanium Tumnus Deluxe pedals and some have developed an issue that gives them a static type of break up due to a bad batch of parts. I really like that pedal so when I heard something that sounded really bad on my LP, thought that my pedal had the issue. Removed it from my board and swapped guitars.

Second issue: The new Synergy SLO-II that I bought landed and I was jacked to fire it up! Thought that it was damaged in shipping due to the oscillation type of thing I was getting on the lower strings. Swapped guitars and then it sounded great.

Cause: Not top wrapping had my strings sitting hard on the back of the bridge which caused my low E string to buzz unmercifully from the 3rd fret all the way up the neck. Changed the strings with a top wrap and now all is well again. :facepalm: