super clean tube break

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
ninjaraf

super clean tube break

Post by ninjaraf »

Never seen anything like this. I sent the pic to Mort and he asked if it was laser cut lol. PI tube in my EVH 50 watt. I went to fire the amp up at practice last night, and had absolutely no sound. Not even hiss, just total silence. Took a look at the tubes, and this one was white. I had to use a Katana 100 watt combo, and we only got through one song before I was about to light that piece of shit on fire lol. I hate those amps so much. Anyway, got home and just the glass came out when I went to change the tube. Amp works fine after I swapped it out, and now I have this hilarious pic that I figured you guys wouldn't mind seeing lol.

I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: super clean tube break

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yeah that's crazy. I've never seen a break like that.
I like the Katanas though :lol:

eyeball987

Post by eyeball987 »

Nope. Have never seen one of those before. Laser cut is a good description. Almost appears to be sabotage!

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Endtime suggested maybe the glass wasn't heated enough to fully glue together. Pretty interesting.

This is an old OEM EVH tube from a previous EVH that I had. In the past, I always swapped out the stock tubes and set them aside, so now I have a shit load of them haha.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

ninjaraf wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:28 pm Endtime suggested maybe the glass wasn't heated enough to fully glue together. Pretty interesting.
Yeah that's probably right.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

:eek:

thats wild :lol:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

linthat22

Post by linthat22 »

I'm sure a bit a tape could patch that right up lolpl

turbopablo

Post by turbopablo »

ninjaraf wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2024 2:28 pm Endtime suggested maybe the glass wasn't heated enough to fully glue together. Pretty interesting.

This is an old OEM EVH tube from a previous EVH that I had. In the past, I always swapped out the stock tubes and set them aside, so now I have a shit load of them haha.
My thoughts exactly.