Les Paul custom bridge pickup suggestion

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Endtime

Re: Les Paul custom bridge pickup suggestion

Post by Endtime »

Or try the Monty’s Bill steer pickup. Made specifically for his LPs.

bleedingwhiskey

Post by bleedingwhiskey »

Endtime wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 4:37 pm
bleedingwhiskey wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 3:01 pm For PAF tones, Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates are my go-to. For higher gain tones I like the Seymour Duncan SH-5 Custom.
I agree with these. Pearly gates is really good in the right guitar. I’d also recommend the Duncan High Voltage. Prolly my favorite “hot PAF” Duncan makes. Pearly gates being 2nd. That high voltage isn’t as strident in the highs as the Pearly gates and has a little more growl to it and in the guitar I used it it hit more powerful than it specs out. Def harder than the Pearly Gates which is supposed to be slightly goosed output.
I had a set of the High Voltage pickups in a Les Paul Classic. They sounded good, they just were not my thing in that guitar. The PG set in my LP Standard just sound more lively and raw. I felt like I had to fight the guitar more when I had the HV set. I'm betting they would sound better in an SG since that's pretty much what they're geared towards.

turbopablo

Post by turbopablo »

I put a Motor City Black Belt in the bridge of my black beauty and love it. Reasonably priced and it sounds killer. His communication could be way way better. But his pickups are stellar.

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

turbopablo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:22 pm I put a Motor City Black Belt in the bridge of my black beauty and love it. Reasonably priced and it sounds killer. His communication could be way way better. But his pickups are stellar.
Agree he makes some good pickup. Also I got some that were made absolutely terrible. And when I had to call him out on online cause he refused to answer my emails or calls, he blocked me and never once answered to my very real, and knowledgeable complaints. Dude is a total clown and unless buying used , I would never recommend someone buy new from him. He’s truly that bad when it comes to “customer service” and he clearly doesn’t stand behind his work when it goes bad. I’ve never once decided to make it my mission to truly go after any sort of builder or company , big or small, well maybe Sweetwater cause they are shit too. Lol. But fuck Wade and Motorcity. He’s a loser

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Yeah, one of the worst for customer service, for sure. And it takes 3-4 months to get a pickup with zero communication. Although I do have experience with a company even worse than Wade in the knife world lol.

Eric and I even wanted to buy like 10 Nukes from him...no response lol.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

turbopablo

Post by turbopablo »

Yeah, I got lucky. I only had to email him six weeks after my order. The pickup magically appeared a few days later.

Shop used.

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

ninjaraf wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 5:53 pm Yeah, one of the worst for customer service, for sure. And it takes 3-4 months to get a pickup with zero communication. Although I do have experience with a company even worse than Wade in the knife world lol.

Eric and I even wanted to buy like 10 Nukes from him...no response lol.
What made him so egregious. Was I remember he posted MY pickups on his Facebook. You know one of these “2 bad mofos going out today”. So I FOUND that post that was literally months of not year plus old at this point and commented ON that post , which clearly no one else but him would see. Cause of how old it was . So since he didn’t answer an emails or PMs I thought well let’s go to the Actual post with my pickups. My comment was deleted and me blocked with 2 minutes! Haha. So old boy isn’t so “busy” he can’t get around to shit like he pretends. Apparently he checks his notifications rather quick and is just as quick to delete such comments. Lol. He could have reached out to me at that point and said “hey so what’s up with it?”

But he knew he sent me some badly machined parts, and he figured he could get away with it. There’s no other conclusion. He didn’t want to make it right cause he needed to make another pickup and he’s that shitty of a business guy that he wouldn’t even eat a single fucking pickup which prolly costs less than $20 in materials.

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Yeah, pretty ridiculous. I have loved his pickups. His Hell Baby was my favorite for years, although you can't get those anymore because materials or some shit lol. But the Nuke and Afwayu are also awesome. Too bad he can't get this part of things together. But I guess he also doesn't really give a shit.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

turbopablo

Post by turbopablo »

I have read that he only likes to actually deal with his famous customers/endorsers.

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

turbopablo wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2024 6:12 pm I have read that he only likes to actually deal with his famous customers/endorsers.
Seems likely. And even those have seemingly dried up. Don’t hear his shit spoken about at all anymore. And I haven’t looked in years but I would bet everything but my last dollar that his site STILL isn’t updated!?!! Haha