New cab day, is my life complete?

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
ninjaraf

Re: New cab day, is my life complete?

Post by ninjaraf »

V30s don't have the sub lows I want on their own, and the Redbacks bring in some of that.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

ninjaraf wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 5:19 pm V30s don't have the sub lows I want on their own, and the Redbacks bring in some of that.
Interesting, that is something that I would like I think. You put them in X pattern?

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Yeah

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I like the Redback/V30 mix quite a bit too. Although when I did it, I had the 2 RBs in the bottom and the 2 V30s up top. But I'm back to 4 V30s now.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Guitarbilly wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:16 pm I like the Redback/V30 mix quite a bit too. Although when I did it, I had the 2 RBs in the bottom and the 2 V30s up top. But I'm back to 4 V30s now.
Maybe something to try, I'm not looking to spend any more money on gear for a while but I have a pair of speakers that might be a decent trade for a pair of redbacks if I could happen to find that deal.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Maddnotez wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 7:58 pm
Guitarbilly wrote: Fri Aug 16, 2024 6:16 pm I like the Redback/V30 mix quite a bit too. Although when I did it, I had the 2 RBs in the bottom and the 2 V30s up top. But I'm back to 4 V30s now.
Maybe something to try, I'm not looking to spend any more money on gear for a while but I have a pair of speakers that might be a decent trade for a pair of redbacks if I could happen to find that deal.
It's cool but at the end of the day I prefer not to mix speakers on cabs I use live since only one speaker gets mic up anyway and it makes it harder to dial the sound onstage vs the FOH (for me anyway).
On studio cabs mixed speakers are great though. You can set up 2 mic and send each speaker to a different track. So that's really useful.

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

I had 4 different speakers in my vader at some point. But for recording I like the blend the v30 and redback. The others were just fucking around. I don’t really care about mixing foh live. I dial my sound and let the sound guy do whatever he wants, then I just make my shit louder because fuck everyone else.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

ninjaraf wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 1:37 pm I dial my sound and let the sound guy do whatever he wants, then I just make my shit louder because fuck everyone else.
This is the way