Maxon wins.....again

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Maddnotez

Maxon wins.....again

Post by Maddnotez »

This is probably my 4th Maxon 808 :idk: i think I need to just keep it forever.

Was the first boost to try with my new to me Peavey and what can I say, it just works.

I know, I need to learn how to mic an amp. Cell phone clips.

It's a little noisy now but I have a blockade on the way. Also planning to buy a Mesa 4x12 this weekend. Hoping that makes a big difference but I'm liking this setup even with the Peavey cab.

broslinger

Re: Maxon wins.....again

Post by broslinger »

Sounds awesome. The Maxon 808 has always been my favorite TS.
P O W E R F U L ___ M I D C U T ___ C O N T R O L

SPOTIFY LINK TO CATATONIC DOUCHE ALBUM!!!
https://open.spotify.com/album/0IOhhAhdZfaB7BN74SUHLC

Also iTunes and Apple Music:
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/holid ... 1293369997

JSutter

Post by JSutter »

SO brutal.

EMG 81/85, NS2, OD808, tuner, XXX half stack. How much gain did I think I needed?

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

JSutter wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 10:47 pm SO brutal.

EMG 81/85, NS2, OD808, tuner, XXX half stack. How much gain did I think I needed?

Always need more gain. :lol:

Im that guy still, at 43. I keep mine just under 1:00 on this amp using the yellow channel

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

broslinger wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2024 8:06 pm Sounds awesome. The Maxon 808 has always been my favorite TS.
Thanks dude and yeah same here it's kind of like the Workhorse 5150 of overdrive pedals in my opinion.

There's a couple others I would like to reacquire in the future but I'm good for now

eyeball987

Post by eyeball987 »

Sounds brutal! I need to try a Maxon 808. The TS9 has been my go to for a while now with 5150 types. SD1 for pretty much anything else, unless the Koko is tickling me where it counts at that specific time.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I love the Maxon 808 too. I haven't had one in years though, this is making me want to buy one again.

The clip sounds awesome dude. I like this as much as I liked your Bogner clips. Obviously they sound different, but this is a great metal tone in its own right. It will probably cut through a band mix better.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

Guitarbilly wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2024 10:16 am I love the Maxon 808 too. I haven't had one in years though, this is making me want to buy one again.

The clip sounds awesome dude. I like this as much as I liked your Bogner clips. Obviously they sound different, but this is a great metal tone in its own right. It will probably cut through a band mix better.
Lol that's kind of where I'm at.

Don't get me wrong the Bogner Ultra is unbelievable, definitely the best amp I've had but for $3700 ish used for the boger stack vs $700 Peavey stack, idk man.

That's an insane difference and the Peavey sounds great. You're probably right about cutting, the Ubers do not do that well without volume wars.

It would be a no brainer to keep this and never worry about another Uber but I will say the Uber is my tone hands down and was very inspiring to play.

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

Yeah dude that sounds great.

Adrian

Post by Adrian »

Yeah, you can never go wrong with an OD808. I still have mine. I use my OD808X with my Revv Generator 120 MKIII and Engl Savage 120 MKII, since the OD808X has a little more output and less of a mid hump. I still use the regular OD808 with my main practice rig, which is a Revv G20 and a matching 1x12.