NCD/NSD -- Mojotone British 412 (Marshall G12 Vintage/Celestion T75)

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Spaced Out Ace

NCD/NSD -- Mojotone British 412 (Marshall G12 Vintage/Celestion T75)

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

Well, not really, but I'm calling it that anyways. I ordered the cabinet May 21, the Marshall G12 Vintage speakers on Reverb June 9, and the Celestion T75 speakers on July 22.

The cabinet and speaker combination sound great with my setup with the little time I've had to test it. The speakers, compared to my Greenback (M25 and Heritage H30) loaded cabs, sound cranky and pissed off in a good way. Boots with a strap of spikes and studs wrapped around them up on the table versus more well mannered like the Greenback cabs. The Greenbacks can certainly get gnarly, but they are a little more proper about it. The G12 Vintage and T75 are more rowdy and rude.

Also, since the cabinet isn't right in front of me, I can turn the Fryette Power Station up from about 10:00 to 11:00.

I'm nit sure if I'd like either the G12 Vintage or T75 by itself, but they make a lovely pairing.

RaceU4her

Re: NCD/NSD -- Mojotone British 412 (Marshall G12 Vintage/Celestion T75)

Post by RaceU4her »

maybe ill try that combo in one of my 2x12's. i got a G12 to put in my recording 4x12 and i cant say ive really liked it too much when recording at least as so many do

Spaced Out Ace

Re: NCD/NSD -- Mojotone British 412 (Marshall G12 Vintage/Celestion T75)

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

RaceU4her wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2024 1:49 am maybe ill try that combo in one of my 2x12's. i got a G12 to put in my recording 4x12 and i cant say ive really liked it too much when recording at least as so many do
Recording and "in the room" are different beasts entirely, as I'm sure you're aware. I can't vouch for that, as I don't record. It might be a speaker that is more difficult to record for some folks who want a speaker that is more flexible in terms of mic-ing up.

Good luck!