Need Help: weak reverb in my 65 Deluxe Reverb

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
MikeO

Need Help: weak reverb in my 65 Deluxe Reverb

Post by MikeO »

A friend of the family passed away and was nice enough to leave my step dad and I all of his gear. One of the things I ended up with was a 65 Deluxe Reverb in really good shape. It didn't work when I got it, but I had it re-capped and now it sounds amazing. Only one problem. The Reverb is very weak, barely noticeable even when it's on 10. I figured that the 12AT7 that drives the Reverb was worn so I replaced it, but no change. Any other ideas what could cause this?

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Need Help: weak reverb in my 65 Deluxe Reverb

Post by Guitarbilly »

If the amp has recently been recapped the problem is either the tube or the tank. I know you replaced the tube already but try a different one. A 12AX7 should be fine for a test.
The other issue is the tank. You can measure resistance on each jack of the tank and check against the specs. Or just get a replacement and try it out. Look for Amplified Parts store at Amazon, so it's easy to return if that's not the issue. Aside from that, it's tech time. But I'm fairly certain it's one of these things.