Couple old clips, Peavey Special, Mesa Triple Rec, Marshall VS100, Randall RG80ES

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
JSutter

Couple old clips, Peavey Special, Mesa Triple Rec, Marshall VS100, Randall RG80ES

Post by JSutter »

I found these videos comparing a few amps, playing an old song from ages ago. I was going for a mid scooped tone, the Peavey and Marshall can do that no problem. I really miss that Peavey, 220 watt @ 4 ohms, 212 combo that I cut it down to a head. I do not like the lead channel with active EQ. Everything else was great. I hated that Rectifier and I hope who ever has it has better luck than I. The Valvestate was OK, I feel they are overrated, terrible clean channel and the loop was weird. The Randall is an old band mates, I didn't have the gain boost on. It sounds way better with a overdrive. He loves that thing. The volume was quite high, you can see the camera wiggle during some parts. The cab is stereo, 4 ohms a side. I'm using an A/B switch, nothing else.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Couple old clips, Peavey Special, Mesa Triple Rec, Marshall VS100, Ranadall RG80ES

Post by Guitarbilly »

Really like the Peavey and Randall in these clips. The Valvestate did not sound good here, but I've heard it sound great in other videos (and when I had one as well). I wonder if this one is in need of maintenance. They normally sound thicker than this.

JSutter

Re: Couple old clips, Peavey Special, Mesa Triple Rec, Marshall VS100, Ranadall RG80ES

Post by JSutter »

The VS had issues when I got it. I used really wacky EQ settings at practice just to be heard. Then it stopped channel switching. I fixed what I could. The PCB was scorched and previously repaired.

I'll have to see if I can find the demo my band mate made. It was the Randall and Marshall panned L + R., 57, V30.

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

i dont even know what that peavey is but it sounds good