Single channel face ripping Marshall. What is there?

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Single channel face ripping Marshall. What is there?

Post by Guitarbilly »

I mean, if you going to use a Fractal you might as well do
4CM and add the boost out front. It only takes a couple more cables.

jiveturkey

Post by jiveturkey »

Yeah I like real dirt pedals much more than digital. I keep my amps on a table and it's a single cable to the III. I use the different sets of inputs on the III for different purposes so using a boost is honestly not a big deal. I'm just being difficult as per usual :facepalm: :cop: :wave:

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

You know, the Runt 50 could be a cool amp to try this. Definitely more than enough gain and it even has a great sounding analog emulated out. It would be very easy to EQ that on the Fractal for a killer tone.

I used to something similar with an EVH 50. Just ran the emulated out into EQ and effects. Sounded killer and the Runt out is even better than the EVH.

jiveturkey

Post by jiveturkey »

Have you ever tried an Orange TH100 Bill? El34s, 100watts and a ton of gain :hmm:

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

Wuddabout one of those hot rod Plexls by Ceriatone like, their Chupacabra or Yeti?

I just checked their website... they now have a much larger selection of Plexis now.
The King Kong has two channels but, it sounds pretty good.
"The King Kong 100 is the culminations of years of research and building, modifying, and designing British-inspired amplifiers. In a single chassis, King Kong provides righteous tones from the classic late ‘60s, the higher gain tones of the ‘80s, and the more percussive tones of modern music."
This is a vid of the 50 watt version...
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

jiveturkey wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:40 am Have you ever tried an Orange TH100 Bill? El34s, 100watts and a ton of gain :hmm:
I have. I think they're killer amps. They're darker than Marshalls though with lower mids and a rounder top end. But they do sound great and they do have a ton of gain.

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 4:55 am Wuddabout one of those hot rod Plexls by Ceriatone like, their Chupacabra or Yeti?

I just checked their website... they now have a much larger selection of Plexis now.
The King Kong has two channels but, it sounds pretty good.
"The King Kong 100 is the culminations of years of research and building, modifying, and designing British-inspired amplifiers. In a single chassis, King Kong provides righteous tones from the classic late ‘60s, the higher gain tones of the ‘80s, and the more percussive tones of modern music."
This is a vid of the 50 watt version...
I was also thinking that a Yeti or Chupacabra would be a good choice for a single channel, no boost required, fire breathing "Marshall"
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

jiveturkey

Post by jiveturkey »

Ajax and Macaroni; the Ceriatone stuff was suggested at my other spot as well. Lots of great options at really good prices too. I am going to step one notch back first and get my load box purchased. That'll allow me to use the Stealth and Badlander (with the wonky cab clone section) with whatever IRs I want and post FX. Then I am coming back to this thought process. And @Billy; The Orange is going to get some dedicated YT time here I am thinking while I ponder.

turbopablo

Post by turbopablo »

I agree with Bill. The Marshall sound isn't high gain at all. I think it's often the multi-tracking of rhythm parts that makes it sound higher gain than it actually is.

Maybe check out a 900. They sound killer and are still priced well. So if it doesn't work out you aren't fucked out of a pile of money. I need to get off of my ass and grab one. Every time I hear my friends 50 watter I freak out. It sounds soooo fucking good.

jiveturkey

Post by jiveturkey »

turbopablo wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 2:26 pm I agree with Bill. The Marshall sound isn't high gain at all. I think it's often the multi-tracking of rhythm parts that makes it sound higher gain than it actually is.

Maybe check out a 900. They sound killer and are still priced well. So if it doesn't work out you aren't fucked out of a pile of money. I need to get off of my ass and grab one. Every time I hear my friends 50 watter I freak out. It sounds soooo fucking good.
There's a lot to this as well. I am so used to Rectos and 5150s (and modelers) that other things just seem undergained when in fact it's probably a lot of times corrected with some REAL volume that I don't get in my home jamroom environment. Food for thought if nothing else.