NGD - PRS Poverty Edition

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: NGD - PRS Poverty Edition

Post by Guitarbilly »

The DGT SE is great indeed. One of the best sounding PRS guitars I've played. I haven't tried the DGT core yet though. But the SE version was very impressive. The pickups sounded great. Do they use the same pickups on the DGT core and SE?

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Guitarbilly wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 4:23 pm The DGT SE is great indeed. One of the best sounding PRS guitars I've played. I haven't tried the DGT core yet though. But the SE version was very impressive. The pickups sounded great. Do they use the same pickups on the DGT core and SE?
I thought I was hearing a rumor that they did but I went back to check afywr telling someone that was the case and it appears that they’re G&B built “S” versions still

Can’t recall if I mentioned this or not, but really the he biggest “issue” I can find is that this scarf joint looks pretty dang wonky to me. It’s very noticeable in this photo and I did that in ourpose, that said in most lighting uoh can’t really see it and it doesn’t affect playability or anything. Otherwise absolutely love this thing

Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

heath

Post by heath »

fastredponycar wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 2:19 pm The SE's are so good for the money.
They are a cut above many of the import mid-price guitars. The SE Angelus 60E I have was a spectacular feeling guitar right out of the box. It sounded better and played better than the Taylor I went to look at for less than half the price. The Starla SE I rebuilt this past winter is a beast of a guitar and weighs less than 5lbs. I am sold on the SEs, but I do wish they would deepen the carved top on some of the models, even if it meant an increase in price.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

spawnofthesith wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 4:26 pm

Can’t recall if I mentioned this or not, but really the he biggest “issue” I can find is that this scarf joint looks pretty dang wonky to me. It’s very noticeable in this photo and I did that in ourpose, that said in most lighting uoh can’t really see it and it doesn’t affect playability or anything. Otherwise absolutely love this thing

Structurally I have no problem with this. Looks like a very deep, strong joint. I actually like it. The only issue I see is with the mismatch in wood color, but that's cosmetic only

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Guitarbilly wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 5:13 pm
spawnofthesith wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2024 4:26 pm

Structurally I have no problem with this. Looks like a very deep, strong joint. I actually like it. The only issue I see is with the mismatch in wood color, but that's cosmetic only

It's mostly just how that tip looks that triggered a brief pang of OCD :lol:

The wood color difference is pretty minimal actually, isn't nearly as pronounced in most lighting as in that picture

But yeah not really a "problem" at all, just the only thing I could find going over it trying to be super nit picky
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband