I used the Mosfet at last night's gig and....

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: I used the Mosfet at last night's gig and....

Post by Guitarbilly »

Spaced Out Ace wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:14 am
According to information on the Marshall forum, the Mosfets used are no longer produced.
Yeah the original Hitachi Mosfets are long gone. But there are suitable replacements for them. The Semelab BUZ 900s are drop-in replacements for them and they're widely available. They're probably too expensive for a company to use in a SS amp in a large scale though, especially when Class D is so much cheaper and customers seem to be fine with it.

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

Guitarbilly wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:37 am
Spaced Out Ace wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 1:14 am
According to information on the Marshall forum, the Mosfets used are no longer produced.
Yeah the original Hitachi Mosfets are long gone. But there are suitable replacements for them. The Semelab BUZ 900s are drop-in replacements for them and they're widely available. They're probably too expensive for a company to use in a SS amp in a large scale though, especially when Class D is so much cheaper and customers seem to be fine with it.
I don't like the sound or feel of Class D. It doesn't really sit well with my ears.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

^^^^ yeah same.

FAKA!

Post by FAKA! »

Sounded great man!