EPIC NGD!!!

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
ninjaraf

EPIC NGD!!!

Post by ninjaraf »

I actually got this last night, but I wanted to swap the chrome hardware for black and put some Dimarzio Dominions that I bought for a USA Jackson custom shop King V (that guitar didn't work out) in it. NINJARAF IS BACK BABY!!! lolol We can thank Bill for sending me the Reverb listing almost daily for this guitar for the last year and a half hahaha

I was hesitant about buying this. For the last year and change, I felt the price was just a bit high. I made an offer on it about a year ago for about 12% below asking price and it was declined. I waited, and eventually just paid the asking price because maybe it would be worth it. And honestly, I should've paid the fucking asking price a year ago.

I think back to my LTD and it was a bit neck heavy and somewhat clunky to maneuver around and play. It was a bit heavy as well.

This guitar...I don't even know what to say honestly lol. It's absolutely fucking fantastic!! I've had a handful of ESPs in the past, and they've always kinda felt somewhat "dead" in terms of feel and tone. They typically play and sound great, but they lack this vibrancy that even some of my LTDs have had in the past. Well, that is not the case here! It's very vibrant and resonant feeling. It's really close in weight to my OGV, which is excellent. Feels easy to mover around with, the neck feels amazing...fast and sleek but not thin like an Ibanez. As soon as I picked it up out of the case, it felt like a handmade, premium instrument. The back edge of the body is slightly contoured, too, which is nice for upper fret access, and the neck join is very nicely carved. The LTD version doesn't have either of these features, it felt very blocky at the neck joint. That's not the case here. Also, the LTD had a painted neck.

Also...mind blowingly great condition for a 15 year old guitar!! There's not even any fret wear. Just a little repaired damage on one of the wing tips, which you can't even see from the front.

Best guitar purchase in quite some time!!

Before
After
Last edited by ninjaraf on Wed Jul 03, 2024 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: EPIC NGD!!!

Post by Guitarbilly »

Congrats man!!!! This was a long time coming but totally worth it!! The guitar looks AMAZING!!!!! The black hardware was the icing on the cake!!! :love:

NINJARAF IS BACK MOTHERFUCKERS!!!! :lol:

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

awesome!

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

This is bad ass! This guitar definitely suits you, man! Welcome back NINJARAF!
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

eyeball987

Post by eyeball987 »

Very nice! They don't make guitars with my name on them. Doubt anyone would want to rock a guitar named Steve. :rofl:

colejustesen

Post by colejustesen »

Looks awesome! Congrats Raf on getting a sweet guitar.

Cole

Yarbicus

Post by Yarbicus »

eyeball987 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:00 pm Very nice! They don't make guitars with my name on them. Doubt anyone would want to rock a guitar named Steve. :rofl:
I would.

Raf that guitar is fantastic! Congratulations.

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

eyeball987 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 4:00 pm Very nice! They don't make guitars with my name on them. Doubt anyone would want to rock a guitar named Steve. :rofl:
:lol:

The guitar came before my username here. I got my LTD version in 2009.

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Thanks dudes!!

I've been jamming it a bit today, and I have to say, this thing fucking rules!! If every ESP I've owned felt like this thing, I would've kept them. Glad to have another historic piece for me back in my possession lol.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Congrats!!! :love: :love: :love:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband