I used the Mosfet at last night's gig and....

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: I used the Mosfet at last night's gig and....

Post by Guitarbilly »

Thanks guys!!! I'm really happy with the way this gig went! This amp and the DSL seriously makes me wonder why I still spend so much money on amps :lol:

JSutter

Post by JSutter »

Oh that rocked. Is that a Talman bass?

A friend had a 3310, and I didn't understand why everyone likes the 80s SS Marshalls. That one only has a tone (actually a treble) control on the boost channel. I hadn't realized some got a proper tone stack.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

JSutter wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 12:34 pm Oh that rocked. Is that a Talman bass?

A friend had a 3310, and I didn't understand why everyone likes the 80s SS Marshalls. That one only has a tone (actually a treble) control on the boost channel. I hadn't realized some got a proper tone stack.
Yeah it's a Talman bass. It sounds incredible. One of my favorite basses.

This is the 3210. It also has a single Tone control on the Boost channel, but if gain knob is a push-pull that engages the Normal channel tone stack into the Boost channel so you can blend the tone stack with the Tone control.

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

I wonder what the boost circuit is based on.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Spaced Out Ace wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 1:50 pm I wonder what the boost circuit is based on.
I think it's their own design. They used the same circuit with small variations on pretty much every SS amp during that era and even on the hybrid Artist, which is the same preamp with a 30w tube power amp.

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

I see. I figured it could be something that already existed.

Mike Oxhuge

Post by Mike Oxhuge »

You could have told me this was your 1987 and I would have believed it. Killer tone and playing as always!

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

I happened to run across your solo video on youtube before the thread was posted, and I saw the "style" of the headshell and assumed it was the DSL. The tone leaves not much to be desired, its a great alternate option.
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

andvari7

Post by andvari7 »

Would reproducing this amp, in a pedal format, with XLR Direct out, and a more compact power supply, be feasible?

And how does it sound on bass?

This could be the pedal that could bring Marshall into the 21st Century the right way.

Spaced Out Ace

Post by Spaced Out Ace »

andvari7 wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2024 12:22 am Would reproducing this amp, in a pedal format, with XLR Direct out, and a more compact power supply, be feasible?

And how does it sound on bass?

This could be the pedal that could bring Marshall into the 21st Century the right way.
According to information on the Marshall forum, the Mosfets used are no longer produced.