NGD - PRS Poverty Edition

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
spawnofthesith

NGD - PRS Poverty Edition

Post by spawnofthesith »

Picked up a brand new SE Silver Sky. Pretty impressed with it so far. I’ve always been on the fence with SEs and I’d heard some horror stories about the QC on these maple SS specifically, but this one seems excellent. QC, fit, finish, frets all that seem about as perfect as you could expect from an Indonesian guitar. Arrived perfectly in tune, action is too high but that’s just setup stuff

The neck is CHONKY almost as fat as the thinskon tele I used to have. Feels comfortable though and the satin is nice

Tone wise, I’ll flat out say if. I like these pickups better than my am. Pro II strat by a fair amount. More of a Jerry sound too, which is unsurprising considering it’s the Mayer sig. not so sure under dirt though, may need to adjust some settings on my amps or just crank/spend more time. Sounded a bit buzzy at low volumes through the gain channels on my mk V. Those cleans though :love:

I’m probably selling my am pro II strat. It’s a fantastic guitar but it gets the least play time of anything I have. Friends dad wants to buy it, and I got an insane hookup on this SS from friend of a another friend who works at a shop. Want to keep an S type in my collection but wanted to reallocate some funds to other stuff. Decided to grab the SS first before doing anything I might regret, but I think I’m satisfied with just rolling with this :idk:

Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

greatmutah

Re: NGD - PRS Poverty Edition

Post by greatmutah »

You know what’s funny? I’ve been looking at the SE SS and even the SE NF3 a bit, even though I was originally DNW.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

greatmutah wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 5:43 pm You know what’s funny? I’ve been looking at the SE SS and even the SE NF3 a bit, even though I was originally DNW.

I thought the nf3 was an abomination at first but it’s already kinda growing in me. Seems cool. Kinda hope they do either an S2 or SE nf53
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

A good friend had the SE SS also. Dude loved it. I’ve had good luck with SEs too, at least the more recent ones. I think you got a good guitar, dude.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Peavey 5150
—————

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

nice. ive heard nothing but good things about the SE's

bonano

Post by bonano »

WANT! Been wanting. But, alas, how many Strats does one need? I'll stick with my Fenders.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Congrats man. I haven't played the SE version yet but I played the regular version of the Silver Sky and I was really impressed with it. They sound amazing. I need to try out the SE version at some point. Every SE I've played so far has been great.

ElDirtySanchez

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

Congrats, I played one the exact same color and fretboard. I thought it was very comfortable to play and the pickups sounded pretty damn good too.
Formerly Rock Flag and Eagle

heath

Post by heath »

Got a chance to play the SE Silver Sky and the SE NF3 over the weekend at one of the local shops. They are both excellent guitars. I think the NF was my favorite of the two. A little fatter sounding with those pickups and I liked the neck profile more. Some nice candy metallic colors as well. Both were excellent guitars and it was hard to find many flaws with either. The true winner of the day though was the NF53 (tele-esqe). It was perfect.

I do not need another PRS. I do not need another PRS... Opens sweetwater site.

greatmutah

Post by greatmutah »

heath wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 2:05 pm I do not need another PRS. I do not need another PRS... Opens sweetwater site.
I do the same thing. Do I need another one? No… do I want one? Well I have 2 SEs and 1 S2 and that’s an uneven ratio of Import to USA PRS guitars here. So I guess I need to fix that.
—————
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Peavey 5150
—————