Drop A tone “test”

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Endtime

Drop A tone “test”

Post by Endtime »

Years ago I wrote majority in B flat. Or drop A flat. Some people I jam with swear my best stuff was the downtuned stuff. But I just moved away from it for years. But after finishing a recent song in B, I’ve been writing a lot more in dropped tunings. The 5153 el34 100 actually excels at this. So I was just messing around today and thought I’d throw together a little test. Not part of a song or anything. Just made it up on the spot. But be sure I have some stuff in the works that is shaping up to be some imof the heaviest shit I’ve written. Maybe ever! But for now, a “fun” drop A riff. Straight into the red channel. Using the GGD contender IR. Well the IRS I made from it loaded into my Mesa cab clone IR. I love that it still retains the crunch. Also of note this is the Jim Wagner GodWood pickup. This pickup is the BIGGEST sounding PAF style Ive ever heard. Even in standard or E flat it sounds huge. Love this thing, that I’ve now got 2 and those guitars are my 2 favorite at the moment. One in B standard and the other in E flat and they both respond great…

https://app.box.com/s/cbnpx5ptu85y8c2a46pmjyp5rs9sntxx

RaceU4her

Re: Drop A tone “test”

Post by RaceU4her »

awesome! was actually just thinking ive been playing in standard/dropD for way long now and gotta bust out my A tuned guitars to try with this 5153, im gonna do that now after hearing this

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

RaceU4her wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:10 am awesome! was actually just thinking ive been playing in standard/dropD for way long now and gotta bust out my A tuned guitars to try with this 5153, im gonna do that now after hearing this
I saw you got the 50 watt el34!? It tough to say I miss it, having the 100 watt version.. But there is smithing different enough in that 50 water it'd be fun to have.. and tuning way down on those works well.. SO are you getting along with the red channel or boosting the blue? Both are fun..

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Sounds killer man!!!! Drop A usually sounds too low for me but not here. There's an art in playing super low turnings without sounding sludgy. This is really tight and cutting!!

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Guitarbilly wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:45 pm Sounds killer man!!!! Drop A usually sounds too low for me but not here. There's an art in playing super low turnings without sounding sludgy. This is really tight and cutting!!
thanks dude.. At times it can get out of control. But honestly for guitar I never had much issue.. Its the bass that becomes hard to get right.. Especially if one doesn't have a GOOD 5 string, or a bass that sounds good with that low B.. Doing the guitar tech thing, obviously I set up a lot of basses too... A good bass that holds that low B or A, is harder to find than a guitar doing low stuff.. But when you do play a bass that holds a strong fundamental of that Low B, its a totally different instrument.. Just thumps in the chest! I have a 5 string I literally was given! a medium priced Soundgear. Its beat to shit but its a mahogany body.. I replaced the Bridge, new pickups... And it just sounds like a mess on that low B still.. Ive managed to get it to give decent results.. But for sure, IME, that bass is the hardest thing to get right...

And I mentioned that Jim Wagner Godwood.. I was prepared to swap to a Black winter I have laying around cause I wasn't sure it'd work for the real low stuff.. But man, it just sounds HUGE.. But like it does in normal tunings, its a huge bottom but very solid.. Never getting mushy..

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

Endtime wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 3:40 pm
RaceU4her wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2024 1:10 am awesome! was actually just thinking ive been playing in standard/dropD for way long now and gotta bust out my A tuned guitars to try with this 5153, im gonna do that now after hearing this
I saw you got the 50 watt el34!? It tough to say I miss it, having the 100 watt version.. But there is smithing different enough in that 50 water it'd be fun to have.. and tuning way down on those works well.. SO are you getting along with the red channel or boosting the blue? Both are fun..

i won the thing in a metallica clip contest at rigtalk :lol: i did the c137 mod on the blue channel, and boosted that channel is the fucking tits, the red channel is really good too as long as i keep the gain below 10 oclock lol. i was a little "meh" on the thing at first but im really starting to come around on it

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Sounds brutal!! I'm going to have to have to grab these IRs
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

FAKA!

Post by FAKA! »

Some cool riffage man, really liked that.