Price check: Engl Artist Blackout

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
eyeball987

Price check: Engl Artist Blackout

Post by eyeball987 »

Have a possible local trade lined up on one of those and was wondering what a decent trade value in excellent condition would be.

Have been interested in trying one out, but also might just pick up a local DSL100H for $645 instead.

Yarbicus

Re: Price check: Engl Artist Blackout

Post by Yarbicus »

The obvious answer is to get both.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

The ENGL Artist usually sells for 1300-1500 used. I don't know if the Blackout version costs more.

DSL100H is a hell of an amp for $645. I have a Super Lead , 2204 etc and it hangs with them no problem. It's actually the amp I gig with the most.

eyeball987

Post by eyeball987 »

Thanks. I was thinking that the $1500 range was probably where it should be. This one is like new but a bit higher. Will work on that.

I know, and love, the DSL. The Engl I do not. No need for either, but you know.

The partial trade bait on my end is a LTD AS-1. Really great guitar to be honest so not in a hurry to move it. Would be happy to keep it but the ad mentioned ESP's as possible trade bait and my curiosity started rolling.

Mike Oxhuge

Post by Mike Oxhuge »

DSL is great but I prefer the Artist. I think it's the ultimate channel switching Rock/Metal amp for Marshall type tones. Great cleans, Plexi like crunch, and a killer heavy Lead channel. 4 different levels of gain available via footswitch. Built in gate for Hi lead channel.