Kinda GASing for a Revstar

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Beef

Kinda GASing for a Revstar

Post by Beef »

What's your dudes' experiences been? What do ya'll think? P90 or bucker?
Wu-Tang is for the children.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Kinda GASing for a Revstar

Post by Guitarbilly »

I had one for a while. I think they're great guitars. I wasn't a big fan of the stock electronics, the pickups were great but they have a weird tone control that uses a small transformer and I wasn't crazy about how it reacted with high gain tones... but that was easy to solve, I just rewired it with a regular volume and tone controls. No big deal.

Other than that, the build quality was excellent, neck was very comfortable and stable. I really have nothing negative to say about them. Probably one of the best guitars you can buy at their price range.

Beef

Post by Beef »

Thanks Billy. Did you have an older models or one of the newer revisions? They changed some of the electronics in the newer version.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Beef wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2024 1:17 am Thanks Billy. Did you have an older models or one of the newer revisions? They changed some of the electronics in the newer version.
I bought it new in 2023, so I think it's the newer version, unless they came up with a revision this year.

Beef

Post by Beef »

Nah, as far as I know the big redesign was in 2022.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

It's a great guitar man I highly recommend it. I only sold it because I wanted the money to buy the 1987x. You know how that goes :lol:

Beef

Post by Beef »

:lol: That I do.

Thanks for the nudge. Was yours a standard? I'm also debating springing for a pro.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yeah mine was the green Standard.