Any easy mixing cheats?

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
RaceU4her

Re: Any easy mixing cheats?

Post by RaceU4her »

Maddnotez wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:26 am I did some of the things mentioned here. Added bass, ozone eq, cleaned up a couple parts and pan guitars.

I guess this is decent enough for demo purposes but idk how people get their home recordings sounding pro.

the "pro" really comes down to the drums and controlling the low end, if you got these drums sounding a little more natural you're definitely on the right path, the guitars and bass sound good already.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

RaceU4her wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 1:06 pm
Maddnotez wrote: Mon Jun 03, 2024 12:26 am I did some of the things mentioned here. Added bass, ozone eq, cleaned up a couple parts and pan guitars.

I guess this is decent enough for demo purposes but idk how people get their home recordings sounding pro.

the "pro" really comes down to the drums and controlling the low end, if you got these drums sounding a little more natural you're definitely on the right path, the guitars and bass sound good already.
Keep changing stuff but I'm about done. I'll end up making it worse. There's just a couple string screw ups I need to fix but yeah they're definitely fake drums

FAKA!

Post by FAKA! »

Dang dude that came out pretty good to my ears. Little things I do a lot are, once I get my mix pretty balanced, I'll switch the master mono and listen to it at low volume. I usually have issues making my drums too loud but I play drums and I kinda prefer drums loud lol. Anyway when I listen in mono at low volume usually I can tell right away if I need to nudge my drums a little up or down in volume. Also if I have time I like to add a 3rd guitar track in the middle and just turn it up enough to fill out the mix without killing the hard left/ hard right balance.

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

FAKA! wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:28 am Dang dude that came out pretty good to my ears. Little things I do a lot are, once I get my mix pretty balanced, I'll switch the master mono and listen to it at low volume. I usually have issues making my drums too loud but I play drums and I kinda prefer drums loud lol. Anyway when I listen in mono at low volume usually I can tell right away if I need to nudge my drums a little up or down in volume. Also if I have time I like to add a 3rd guitar track in the middle and just turn it up enough to fill out the mix without killing the hard left/ hard right balance.
I'll probably add a couple of more guitars just to have them. My friend is going to do vocals and then I'll pay someone else to mix it legit. I guess where it's at now is decent for writing/demo purposes.