Incoming Two Notes

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
ElDirtySanchez

Incoming Two Notes

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

I finally went and ordered a Two Notes Captor, coming from Fl to AZ so I'm hoping to have it by the weekend to record with.

For people here who are using IR's, what do you recommend? I'll try the Dynir's that come with the Captor to see if I like those. Almost all my IR's are older free ones so I'm looking to buy a pack to see how something newer compares.
I'm torn between the Ownhammer and the York Audio. The Ownhammer core pack seems like a pretty good deal that will cover a lot of bases. I'm also interested in the York greenback, I'm sure I will eventually end up buying both.
Formerly Rock Flag and Eagle

spawnofthesith

Re: Incoming Two Notes

Post by spawnofthesith »

Ownhammer has been the only IRs I've been really happy with

Everyone has good things to say about the York Audio stuff but I tried the $1 demo pack, and was not very impressed

YMMV, probably worth at least giving the york audio stuff to see if it works for you since its only a buck. But I vote ownhammer
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

ElDirtySanchez

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

Yeah I'll definitely give that $1 pack a try, even at $15, their other packs don't seem to bad of a price.

turbopablo

Post by turbopablo »

Nice.

I still own Wall Of Sound and a bunch of IRs. I need to just man up and get one. With that, plus my PS100 and PDI-03, wtf else do I need.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Ownhammer is head and shoulders above the rest I've tried. Bad fucking ass IRs
Ukraine? Mykraine

ElDirtySanchez

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

Cool, I'll defintely buy the Ownhammer Core Pack to start with once my captor comes in. Last night I went ahead and bought the $1 York Audio , it's a Mesa 212 V30. Not a ton of files included, which I liked. Wasn't inundated with too many options and was able to quickly find a couple that I liked. I loaded a few into my Pod Go and definitely a difference between those and the free V30 IR's I was using.

Chris Z

Post by Chris Z »

I use Ownhammer and The Two Notes Friedman pack. Well worth the money.

ElDirtySanchez

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

The demos on the Two Notes Friedman, Pete Thorn and Steve Stevens all sounded great.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Fwiw the stock cab modeling in wall of sound blows.

I was very underwhelmed until I got some decent IRs and then when I got the Ownhammer Studio Mix Collection I have absolutely loved it.
Ukraine? Mykraine

ElDirtySanchez

Post by ElDirtySanchez »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Tue Jun 04, 2024 4:16 pm Fwiw the stock cab modeling in wall of sound blows.

I was very underwhelmed until I got some decent IRs and then when I got the Ownhammer Studio Mix Collection I have absolutely loved it.
Yeah I would agree with that, I've got something like 4-5 free ones that came with the software and I think my free ones for other places sounded better. And I think the York sounds even better than all of those, so I'm excited to try out the Ownhammer ones.