Guitar World/Guitarist article - seriously?

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!

greatmutah

Re: Guitar World/Guitarist article - seriously?

Post by greatmutah »

Digital modeling can sound really good! But it’s not just the imperfections of analog sound. It’s literally the density in a live mix. Also, the current Tonemasters aren’t without problems. If they die or get bricked in their firmware that can be just as costly a repair as replacing tubes or fixing part of a tube amp circuit. So subjective article is subjective.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Who the fuck proved digital shit is better than tubes? No one. That's who. This articled is fucking dumb lol. Good tubes amps don't typically have reliability issues, either. DSPs don't wear out is a crock of shit lol.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

Title says it all :lol:

Funny enough, I've been thinking about grabbing one of those UAFX Lion pedals for using at home, just so I'm not roasting tubes at all times, but tubes will always be the starting lineup for gigging and rehearsal.
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I just find it funny that Guitar World sells paper magazines and somehow WE are outdated :lol: :facepalm:

Nothing wrong with using modeling in some situations, but around here 90% of the bands I play with are still using amps. It's not being phased out.

I think articles like that are for people that don't play out or are a part of any music scene and rely on the internet for their sense of reality

macaronisalad

Post by macaronisalad »

Guitarbilly wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:16 pm I just find it funny that Guitar World sells paper magazines and somehow WE are outdated :lol: :facepalm:

Nothing wrong with using modeling in some situations, but around here 90% of the bands I play with are still using amps. It's not being phased out.

I think articles like that are for people that don't play out or are a part of any music scene and rely on the internet for their sense of reality
I agree with that. They make money off ads, and the only ways the companies running the ads can afford them is by selling new crap. And its cheaper to make little digital things. So its a circle of being fed bullshit about the best new gear and future of guitar playing so they can continue to be employed.

I'm also not really a fan of how so much of this gear is basically developed just to be used at home/into a computer. If I can't play music out loud with humans, I don't want to
The artist formerly known as macaronisalad.

broslinger

Post by broslinger »

macaronisalad wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:31 pm
Guitarbilly wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 7:16 pm I just find it funny that Guitar World sells paper magazines and somehow WE are outdated :lol: :facepalm:

I agree with that. They make money off ads, and the only ways the companies running the ads can afford them is by selling new crap. And its cheaper to make little digital things. So its a circle of being fed bullshit about the best new gear and future of guitar playing so they can continue to be employed.

I'm also not really a fan of how so much of this gear is basically developed just to be used at home/into a computer. If I can't play music out loud with humans, I don't want to
Couldn’t have said it better.

Modelers have higher margins, so they can put more money into advertising it.
P O W E R F U L ___ M I D C U T ___ C O N T R O L

SPOTIFY LINK TO CATATONIC DOUCHE ALBUM!!!
https://open.spotify.com/album/0IOhhAhdZfaB7BN74SUHLC

Also iTunes and Apple Music:
https://music.apple.com/us/artist/holid ... 1293369997

broslinger

Post by broslinger »

Dammit, i fucked up the quote on this new software. Don’t feel like fixing it on my phone. Fuck knee surgery.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Fixed it for you

broslinger

Post by broslinger »

Guitarbilly wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 9:00 pmFixed it for you
Thanks, dude!! :call: :rawk: