New Song¡!

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Endtime

Re: New Song¡!

Post by Endtime »

ninjaraf wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 1:36 pm Sounds killer! Vocals sound great. Song is cool. Would listen!
Thanks man. That’s actually Rob! He always wanted to do vocals and we’ve fucked around on a few things where I let him go off and what I recognized during those few little stints was there’s a little sumthin in his voice that comes across pretty good on “tape”. I had to kinda coax some of his out of him. But he’s been stopping over every week or 2 and I’m giving him the shot to do vocals and we’ve made progress on a number of songs so this is his first complete song! Pretty solid I think. Solid enough I can work with it anyway

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Ha nice! He's sounding good! I've had to work similarly with my singer in the past, just coaxing a little extra out of him.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Endtime wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 2:08 pm
Guitarbilly wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:38 am
Endtime wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 11:38 pm

Thanks as well! For 90 seconds of music, I spent about 2.5 hours before recording the guitars getting this tone dialed in juuust right. Haha. Which I actually think it was well worth it. Of course what k had was “good “ but it was just my standard. And if I’m putting this shit out, which I’m working on a proper release, really should go above the status quo. And I actually can nail this song fairly easy. I had all 3 rhythm tracks done with 10-15 minutes of playing
I won't even say how long it takes me to record a song but let's just say I count in days not hours :lol:
We’ll from start to finish? This technically took YEARS! Haha, I wrote this some years ago. But I always wanted to get a proper recording done. I just meant, I spent almost 3 hours just moving mics and testing speakers until I was satisfied that I found the right representation. Then, because I’ve been playing it on/off for so long, I blew out the takes in pretty short order
Yeah I meant the whole song from start to finish. I had misread your other post, but yeah it makes sense now.