New pickup as well! And some IRs . Clip!

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Endtime

New pickup as well! And some IRs . Clip!

Post by Endtime »

So I saw this Loomis Seymour Duncan passive pickup, Noumenon or some shit. When I saw it was alnico8 I knew I was gonna try it! From turning a JB into a JB8 15 years ago and using that for years to trying the Satchur8 and other A8 pickups, I like them a lot! And this is no exception. It’s perfect for using with a boost I found. I’ve been using it straight in as well. But when I use the 6505 and run a boost in front, this pickup just does it best. One of the few times I bought a pikcup for a guitar to Imorove in a specific way and this did exactly what I wanted.

Also this GGD made another IR plugin. I haven’t been a fan of their other IRs too much. Just something the way they engineer all the balls out to be more “mix ready”. But this new IR plugin, which I do really like their plugin format for their IRs tho. Is called “Contenders” Rd1”, it’s much better offering from them. It’s a mix of the “best” cabs for modern metal mainly. And it was engineered mainly by someone outside the common dudes associated with them and I think that’s why I like em way better than their past stuff! Really good stuff.

Here’s a clip with the Noumenon in my Yellow Fender Strat, using my 6505 boosted with a ts808 and using the contenders IRs. It’s not even metal. It just was a sound I thought was good and I made a quick riff to capture the tone.

https://app.box.com/s/h478s42ly6z91hy8bk5mzffti3hm0nbl

ninjaraf

Re: New pickup as well! And some IRs . Clip!

Post by ninjaraf »

Sounds good! Definitely curious about this pickup, and the video release is cool, mainly because it's Loomis and he is a sick player, but I don't think I could tell what that pickup sounds like at all from the video haha.
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I still haven't found an Alnico 8 pickup that works for me - admittedly I have only tried a few of them.

But damn it sounds great in this context!!!

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

ninjaraf wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:37 pm Sounds good! Definitely curious about this pickup, and the video release is cool, mainly because it's Loomis and he is a sick player, but I don't think I could tell what that pickup sounds like at all from the video haha.
I’m not sure ANY video is a good example for a pickup lol
Guitarbilly wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:41 pm I still haven't found an Alnico 8 pickup that works for me - admittedly I have only tried a few of them.

But damn it sounds great in this context!!!
Well looking back in say the JB 8 or even the Custom 8, I’m not sure I’d get along with them now either. They seemed to just be “barking” all the time. Like the power was being forced. But I do sorta like how A8 responds. It’s attack. And not just low end “attack” but simply how the note comes off the string into the amp. There’s a response change I have noticed with A8.

So pickups MADE around the A8 like the Satchur8 or IGNO, i belive it was called from Dimarzio. I really thought those were great. Satchur8 being one of my fave new Dimarzios. And now this one. It honestly reminds me of the Sathur8 but a bit hotter and more capable of the faster riffs and chugs.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Sounds great!, I’ve never tried an Alnico 8 to my knowledge bht I believe that’s what’s in the SD scourge I just got so looking forward tk gettint that in
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband