New Song¡!

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Endtime

New Song¡!

Post by Endtime »

It’s Death metal.. Been working a lot on the World of Shit. My old vocalist and I are actually back in touch and he ended up writing the lyrics and patterns. He actually did a demo of it so my buddy, who always wanted to do vocals, so I said “well here’s your chance to do vox” has been laying down vocals with me. We are making good progress and since this song was essentially done, I had him cut his version. They are 2 quite different vocalists. My “old” vocalist is a pro. He sang in a pretty decent sized band back when they were metal and toured around a bunch and that really elevated his skills behind the mic. But it was hard getting him to complete shit being I’m in Chicago and he’s in Berlin.!

Anyway enoigh if the back story. It’s called “Millions will Die” its 90 seconds long. It’s been in the pipeline for a number of years and finally got er done! I post the lyrics since it’s always fun reading along to death metal!!

As for the recording it was the Evh 5153 el34 blue channel boosted with the 808. I miced and Evh Celestion with a 57 and a Mesa V30 with the Sennheiser 421.

https://app.box.com/s/mt3ge1az72yrgi7rw9iafon1clc6bfs7

MILLIONS WILL DIE

GET A GUN, A TON OF AMMO
A BOOK ON KILLING, UNDERSTAND
-
AND THEN, WHEN THE TIME COMES
AND EVERYONE RUNS, YOU’RE ABLE TO HUNT

GASOLINE, CANS OF BEANS
SELF ESTEEM, UNDERSTAND
-
AND THEN, WHEN EVERYONE RUNS
AND EVERYONE SHITS, YOU’RE ABLE TO LIVE WITH IT

PILLS AND BOOZE YOU CANT PRODUCE
WIN OR LOSE, UNDERSTAND
-
AND THEN, WHEN EVERYONE SHITS
AND EVERYONE PANICS, YOU’RE ABLE TO BE A DICK

SHIT FOR LUCK, ARMOURED TRUCK,
GIVE A FUCK, UNDERSTAND
-
AND THEN, WHEN EVERYONE PANICS
AND EVERYONE DIES, YOU’RE ABLE TO REALIZE

MILLIONS WILL DIE BY THE HAND
OF THE AI THEY SUMMONED
WHEN A SUPERIOR BEING
SEES EVERYTHING THEY ARE SEEING

MILLIONS WILL DIE AT THE SIGHT
OF THEMSELVES IN THE MIRROR
WHEN MIRRORS ARE SMARTER THAN THEM
THERE WILL BE NO MORE PRETENDING

Millions will Die!!!

Maddnotez

Re: New Song¡!

Post by Maddnotez »

Brooo. That is sick, your stuff always is.

Ever consider mixing for others?

Maddnotez

Post by Maddnotez »

I was wondering what the beans were for, and then I smelled it

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Sounds awesome man!!! Really killer track and production!!

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Maddnotez wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:31 pm Brooo. That is sick, your stuff always is.

Ever consider mixing for others?
Thanks brutha-man!!

Yknow back in the day I did a half dozen EPs for friends and THEIR friends. End up being mostly punk stuff. I also did the mix for a doom band. At one point I had real interest in doing that. I actually realized I’m pretty good at being someone “2nd” ears and hearing things like a “producer” would. If I only I wasn’t so stubborn and wanted to write my own, I may have found a lane doing that.

But anyway, I’m open to anything. I wouldn’t say I’m itching to mix other stuff but if you have something, it wouldn’t hurt to show it to me and see. I can gauge if it’s sumthin I can work with pretty quickly.

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Guitarbilly wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:35 pm Sounds awesome man!!! Really killer track and production!!
Thanks as well! For 90 seconds of music, I spent about 2.5 hours before recording the guitars getting this tone dialed in juuust right. Haha. Which I actually think it was well worth it. Of course what k had was “good “ but it was just my standard. And if I’m putting this shit out, which I’m working on a proper release, really should go above the status quo. And I actually can nail this song fairly easy. I had all 3 rhythm tracks done with 10-15 minutes of playing

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Broooo this fucks. Everything about it is spot on :love:
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Endtime wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 11:38 pm
Guitarbilly wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 6:35 pm Sounds awesome man!!! Really killer track and production!!
Thanks as well! For 90 seconds of music, I spent about 2.5 hours before recording the guitars getting this tone dialed in juuust right. Haha. Which I actually think it was well worth it. Of course what k had was “good “ but it was just my standard. And if I’m putting this shit out, which I’m working on a proper release, really should go above the status quo. And I actually can nail this song fairly easy. I had all 3 rhythm tracks done with 10-15 minutes of playing
I won't even say how long it takes me to record a song but let's just say I count in days not hours :lol:

ninjaraf

Post by ninjaraf »

Sounds killer! Vocals sound great. Song is cool. Would listen!
I like 5150s. The rest of you bullshit amps can get fucked.

Endtime

Post by Endtime »

Guitarbilly wrote: Wed May 29, 2024 12:38 am
Endtime wrote: Tue May 28, 2024 11:38 pm
I won't even say how long it takes me to record a song but let's just say I count in days not hours :lol:
We’ll from start to finish? This technically took YEARS! Haha, I wrote this some years ago. But I always wanted to get a proper recording done. I just meant, I spent almost 3 hours just moving mics and testing speakers until I was satisfied that I found the right representation. Then, because I’ve been playing it on/off for so long, I blew out the takes in pretty short order