NAD: Mark Madness

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
greatmutah

Re: NAD: Mark Madness

Post by greatmutah »

Well good! No amp nazis is always good.
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

That's funny and glad it worked out for you. I've had the Roadster and the V and I'd do that trade too.
Ukraine? Mykraine

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

I almost started having second thoughts when I heard the dude testing the roadster through his mesa 2x12 but as soon as I was setup with the V and the rest of my rig it was 0 regrets. I'd own another recto in the future, but it's a low priority thought at this time

I'll try and do some IV and V comparison clips some time this week

I have a feeling the IV and V are both going to be my primary gigging amps, and I'll adjust whether I want to bring a combo or a quarter stack depending on the gig
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Can't go wrong with that plan!!! I'd still get a headshell for the IV though. That amp sounds great through bigger cabs.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Guitarbilly wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 4:18 pm Can't go wrong with that plan!!! I'd still get a headshell for the IV though. That amp sounds great through bigger cabs.
Still considering it but it’s honestly an even lower priority now tbh :lol: I was emailing with a guy on rig talk who’s been building them for years who seems to be asking a fair price comparably

Nice to have the option of a high gain combo tho

And I can always still get my lift on and use it like a head if I want lol

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Yeah it would be great to have both options and swap them out whenever you feel like it. That's one of the coolest things about the short Mark amps, how the same chassis can be mounted on all different formats.
You can just use the combo as a head but you're carrying a speaker you don't need. Which is not a big deal, but worth the few hundred dollars for the headshell.

You could also just get the rackmount kit for $230 and find a cheap used 4u case.

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT

Post by I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT »

Congrats and HNMarkVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:
Walt said: When the hour is nigh & the lights are low & I got a toothpick of a shwag joint in my teeth & my friends want to hear me play Into the Void or TNT or Cemetery Gates I plug my $600 guitar into my $150 amp and I am a Rawk gawd

RaceU4her

Post by RaceU4her »

nice! and looking at your setup now.. yeah you need a marshall in there to fill it out :rofl:

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

I'MAPUNKROCKERDAMNIT wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:05 am Congrats and HNMarkVD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :party:
RaceU4her wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 2:36 am nice! and looking at your setup now.. yeah you need a marshall in there to fill it out :rofl:
Thanks dudes!

Marshall is inevitable at some point :lol:
Guitarbilly wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:28 pm Yeah it would be great to have both options and swap them out whenever you feel like it. That's one of the coolest things about the short Mark amps, how the same chassis can be mounted on all different formats.
You can just use the combo as a head but you're carrying a speaker you don't need. Which is not a big deal, but worth the few hundred dollars for the headshell.

You could also just get the rackmount kit for $230 and find a cheap used 4u case.
I decided I was gonna say fuck it and pull the trigger on the rackmount kit today (I figure it would be nice to be sticking with official mesa stuff too) unfortunately, all rackmount kits out of stock currently. I emailed mesa asking if they would be restocking and I got a response back in two minutes stating that they are finishing up a new instruction manual and once that is done all kits will be restocked. She said likely by the end of June. Hopefully that is accurate, because I asked a similar question about the new style roadster footswitch and was told "a few months" and that was about a year ago now :lol:

First practice with the Mark V tonight :rawk:

Suppose I'll be running it with the mesa 1x12 currently at my drummers house. Hopefully that is as equally an awesome experience as my madison 2x12 with T75s has been

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Derp, mesa just confirmed what I've been reading online that the rackmount kit doesn't have room for the reverb tank, probably aborting that idea :lol:

Maybe I should get that headshell :hmm: