Incoming NAD! Russia won

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
greatmutah

Re: Incoming NAD! Russia won

Post by greatmutah »

This is the way!
More guitars than anyone could need
—————
Metropoulos Metroplex Mk I
Egnater Seminar Amp 50
Orange Rockerverb 50 Mk III
Peavey 5150
Fender 1976 Vibrolux Reverb
—————
Marshall 1960A G12M25 Greenbacks
Metropoulos Slant 2x12 G12H75 Creambacks.

Snave

Post by Snave »

Congrats Billy! Seems like a great amp.

I had the Hot Rod 25 for a bit which is supposed to be very similar. The SLO 30 fixes my two gripes with the HR 25—lack of depth control and funky loop. I actually found myself preferring the crunch mode with a boost.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Snave wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 12:31 am Congrats Billy! Seems like a great amp.

I had the Hot Rod 25 for a bit which is supposed to be very similar. The SLO 30 fixes my two gripes with the HR 25—lack of depth control and funky loop. I actually found myself preferring the crunch mode with a boost.
I heard great things about the HR25 but never had the chance to actually play one. The older loop is what kept me from using Soldanos before. The new ones use the Friedman loop, which is great.

The Depth control is good to have, but I set mine very low and I could live without it.

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

I wonder how the new Astro 20 does vs the HR25 and SLO30. It doesn't have the full size tubes, but on the bright side it uses 6v6 instead of el84. Doesn't necessarily seem like its being marketed as an amp to keep up with a drummer though
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

spawnofthesith wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:52 pm I wonder how the new Astro 20 does vs the HR25 and SLO30. It doesn't have the full size tubes, but on the bright side it uses 6v6 instead of el84. Doesn't necessarily seem like its being marketed as an amp to keep up with a drummer though
The Astro 20 is a different beast, but also bad ass. One of the Austin bros has one and I'm hoping to compare amps sooner than later.

The cleans on the Astro seem incredible, and it seems like it might have more and a different type of gain compared to the SLO.
Ukraine? Mykraine

spawnofthesith

Post by spawnofthesith »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 3:05 pm
spawnofthesith wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:52 pm I wonder how the new Astro 20 does vs the HR25 and SLO30. It doesn't have the full size tubes, but on the bright side it uses 6v6 instead of el84. Doesn't necessarily seem like its being marketed as an amp to keep up with a drummer though
The Astro 20 is a different beast, but also bad ass. One of the Austin bros has one and I'm hoping to compare amps sooner than later.

The cleans on the Astro seem incredible, and it seems like it might have more and a different type of gain compared to the SLO.
Surprised it has the Dave seal of approval tbh :lol:

Even more intrigued now!
Guitars: PRS/Gibson
Amps: Mesa Mark V | '76 Fender Deluxe Reverb | EVH 5153 6L6 50w| Mesa Mark IV

Band: https://linktr.ee/jawaofficialband

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I want to try the Astro too. Curious as to how it'd compare to the SLO 30.

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

Guitarbilly wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 7:26 pm I want to try the Astro too. Curious as to how it'd compare to the SLO 30.
The Astro 20, while a killer sounding amp, doesn't do the SLO thing.
Ukraine? Mykraine