The Friedman Plex is officially out

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
eyeball987

Re: The Friedman Plex is officially out

Post by eyeball987 »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:58 pm lmao I guess I'll be closing my Sweetwater card. I saw a blurb about some new message on my last statement but they can get fucked if they're adding a 2% fee to an "interest free" purchase.
I read up on this a bit on another forum. Looks like it is all Synchrony accounts. The thread started with talk about GC and MF adding the fee, and then others chimed in saying that because SW uses Synchrony, they are not exempt. Looks like cash for me from here on out.

Unless I buy the Plex before June 1st. :facepalm:

Vladimir Putin

Post by Vladimir Putin »

This will be interesting for me...

I always move the purchase price in to an interest bearing account netting me 4%+ in interest while I draw the monthly payments from that account. Theoretically I'd still be ahead but... that's pretty fucking lame. I guess I could just take the 5% bonus cash back from Sweetwater in lieu of the 0% deal.
Ukraine? Mykraine

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Vladimir Putin wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 7:32 pm This might be my end game amp on the Marshall side. I think between the Pro Reverb, SLO, Dr Z and this I could hit any tone I'd ever want
Can't argue with that!!! That's a hell of a collection!!

Kardula

Post by Kardula »

Guitarbilly wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 5:05 am Man it's going to take a LOT of self control for me not to buy this amp.
I see no reason not to buy this amp. Good friend of mine has gone through a few freidmans and they're fucking amazing.
I might have figured out how this stuff works

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

Kardula wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 3:55 am
Guitarbilly wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 5:05 am Man it's going to take a LOT of self control for me not to buy this amp.
I see no reason not to buy this amp. Good friend of mine has gone through a few freidmans and they're fucking amazing.
Yeah I had the Runt for a while and I have the Dirty Shirley Mini now. Great amps.
I'm pretty sure I'm buying this one at some point.

turbopablo

Post by turbopablo »

I just looked. My Sweetwater card has a $109 balance on it.......

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

turbopablo wrote: Sat May 18, 2024 6:49 pm I just looked. My Sweetwater card has a $109 balance on it.......
Not for long :lol: :cop:

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

I put the 1987x for sale on my local CL not expecting to get any bites. But it sold within 2hrs!!!! :eek:
$1700 in cold hard cash.
I'll sell some more stuff soon and raise the rest of the $. But this is happening :)

gibson5413

Post by gibson5413 »

zozobra wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 12:50 pm
Marc G wrote: Fri May 17, 2024 10:20 am ok.... calling it now.... The Four Stages of Billy buying a new amp

1) Buys Friedman
2) Thinks THIS IS THE AMP I HEAR IN MY HEAD
3) Plays DSL a few weeks later
4) Sells Friedman

:cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop: :cop:

That amp does sound pretty damn amazing though, that first tone he demos with the amp cranked is that perfect big crunch that's not overly saturated.... be interesting to see how good the master volume works in the room
Someone should just make Billy a dsl with an sd-1 built into it :lol:

I'm sure Billy Blaze can make something similar with a built-in SD-1 and the famous beer can holders. Hell, put the SD-1 in one of the cup holders and call it a day! ;)

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Post by Guitarbilly »

gibson5413 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 5:17 pm I'm sure Billy Blaze can make something similar with a built-in SD-1 and the famous beer can holders. Hell, put the SD-1 in one of the cup holders and call it a day! ;)
I actually found a Billy Blades amp on a Sam Ash in Vegas a few years ago. It looked absolutely ridiculous. Pink and blue tolex separated by gold trim in a lightning bolt shape, red leather handle, gold chickenhead knobs and of course the beer holder!! It looked like it came straight out of a gay safari.

BUT... I decided to try it out and - fear of electrocution aside - it actually sounded REALLY good. Like a proper Jose style Marshall. The amp also had a really low noise floor.

They were asking $699 for it and if it wasn't for the horror stories I've heard about him building the amps poorly, duct tape soldering etc, I would have bought it and replaced the headshell and knobs.