Truss rod cover trade?

For all discussions about electric, acoustic and bass guitars, guitar amps, effects, modelers this is the place!!!!!
Bob Savage

Truss rod cover trade?

Post by Bob Savage »

Hey guys - hope all is well and that Billy gets the database thing figured out.

Anybody have an EPI LP that would like to trade a stock (has to be original) truss cover for one of these?

Long story short: I already have a design but it seems the hole center to centers aren't spot on.

Long story - a customer send me her truss cover, I made a template from the cover and while the cover I sent her back (along with the original cover, she wanted to keep it) and while it fits, the bottom screws had to be put in at a slight angle because the spacing between the one-top screw and the two bottom ones wasn't spot on. My template looks accurate to these that I made, so I'm looking for someone who will send me theirs to keep, so I have it on hand, in exchange for one of these.

I suspect the screw holes on the cover vs. what's drilled are a little off because I noticed the holes on her cover were out of round, but regardless, I like to have an original on-hand so I'm looking for someone to trade. I'll send you yours once I adjust the hole spacing so it's spot on, and cut more of these. Turnaround would be in the days, not weeks.

Guitarbilly
Site Admin

Re: Truss rod cover trade?

Post by Guitarbilly »

What's up Bob? Glad you found your way to the new forum. :)

Hopefully someone here will be able to help you. But if not, my suggestion would be to go to your local GC and buy an used Epiphone, measure the truss rod cover and return it. Do it with a CC so there is no money out of pocket for you. And it won't really hurt GC as long as you return the guitar in the same condition.

Bob Savage

Re: Truss rod cover trade?

Post by Bob Savage »

Guitarbilly wrote: Sat Feb 03, 2024 4:56 pm What's up Bob? Glad you found your way to the new forum. :)

Hopefully someone here will be able to help you. But if not, my suggestion would be to go to your local GC and buy an used Epiphone, measure the truss rod cover and return it. Do it with a CC so there is no money out of pocket for you. And it won't really hurt GC as long as you return the guitar in the same condition.
Billy!

Yeah, having an actual guitar would be even more helpful than having just a truss cover, but I definitely want to keep a copy of an original if possible. Hopefully someone will be game. If not here, I may hit up one of the Gibson forums to see if someone there wants to do the deal.